Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New York City Thread Location • Page 30

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 7, 2016.

1. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It’s the best.

2. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

That might be a while. But NYC's vax rate is excellent, and autumn, a great time to visit, is right around the corner.

3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I need to go back to NYC. Raoul’s is calling me.

sean_rugy likes this.
  4. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I went to this place Crocodile lounge yesterday that gives free pizza with every beer, not bad for what it was either lol

20210812_225645.jpg

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Did you do karaoke? I’ve spent many a nights down there

Fletchaaa likes this.
  6. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Nah right now they're only doing Friday and Saturday apparently. I'll definitely be back though I love karaoke. Drink prices are crazy good too.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

Yessssss it’s such a blast. Def go back!!

Fletchaaa likes this.
  8. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Haha well if you see anyone singing Ocean Avenue or I Miss You it's probably me those are my go to songs.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

Lol I sang Sugar We’re Going Down and Welcome to the Black Parade so I think it’d be like this if we’re both there
    [​IMG]

10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

there’s a ton of bars that have the free pizza. not sure their other bar, Alligator Lounge, survived or not. lived off of those pizza’s my first month or so.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  11. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Is anyone going to the NYC is Back concert? I go to 50ish shows a year but have never done something like this before & don't really know what to expect. Or what to expect from a Central Park concert. 60k people seems like a lot, but I read about some concerts in the 80s (Simon & Garfunkel, Diana Ross, etc) having over half a million people

12. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Used to when I was young. Kind of annoying NYU crowd so I stopped.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I wasn't able to get tickets. But if it's anything like the Global Citizen Festivals, they're gonna have the crowd gated off into 10 different sections. If you want a good spot I'd definitely suggest getting there several hours before gates open. For the Global Citizen shows people would get there at like 6am. Also expect to spend about 90 minutes walking on the line to get in.

theasteriskera likes this.
  14. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I def don't care so much about being super close, I just wanted to experience it. That's good to know, thanks!!

15. stonecoldnimrod Aug 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2021)
    stonecoldnimrod

Trusted

covid be damned, i'll likely return to nyc this september for a weekend getaway. brooklyn brewery, levain bakery, the nintendo store. some biking thru central park, the usual.

16. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

So apparently I was wrong I went to alligator lounge not crocodile lol. Idk if crocodile is still around on Google says temporarily closed

summertimejesus likes this.
  17. web250

Anyone going to the Central Park Summerstage show that was announced? Joyce Manor / Tigers Jaw / Turnover/ Prince Daddy?

Joyce Manor

summertimejesus likes this.
  18. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Absolutey going it's such a stacked lineup

19. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I want to really badly, but I leave for Furnace Fest at like 5 am the next morning :brokenheart: It would be irresponsible, but I might still do it, that lineup rules

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

To my knowledge, COVID vaccines are required. Lolla also required them, was massive, and had minimal infections.

web250 likes this.
  21. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I'm fully vaxxed and they're requiring vaccines/negative tests to get in. Must've been a bad breakup if you feel the need to be irrationally condescending to strangers.

Fronnyfron and sean_rugy like this.
  22. web250

Sorry, irrationally condescending? Let's not get crazy here, it was a joke that didn't come off right.
    Didn't mean it to be condescending. Sorry about that, I deleted it.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  23. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

The Woods is another great spot. I went to TBA Brooklyn which wasn't my scene but The Woods definitely is.

24. Visiting for 10 days with the gf (her first time in NY) - what are some good burger/pizza/any food places these days?

The highlight of my last visit was the Peanut Butter burger at Harlem Public

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, 10 days in NYC? Do you have anything planned to fill up those days?

SEANoftheDEAD and Why Bother? like this.