Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New York City Thread Location • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I can't even get time warner here, only cable and literally nothing else (or at least anything more reasonably priced). It's more about my building than anything else. I need to move.

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Dope. That IIOI tour is super stacked. Unfortunately the only band in that lineup I could really get into is Pinegrove. Lol.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  3. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I don't think so. We were definitely at a few of the same shows though I'm sure. Maybe we should have like a giant NYC meetup over the summer at a bar or something. That would be fun.

Richter915 and h8bit like this.
  4. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Yeah that'd be pretty awesome. I've been to games with Jaime, Dennis, and Tim so I thought maybe we met there? Tim also dates one of my best friends.

5. Whatjuliansaid

Welcome, extremely overpriced Coney Island amphitheater! Welcome to my town.

It's probably going to bother me when they have a rare good show and I'll look at the price and be like F that. I'll just be bummed and walk around near it since it's so close to where I live haha

6. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Coney Island amphitheater seems... interesting. Thinking about grabbing tickets to the Flogging Molly/Frank Turner and Dresden Dolls shows when they go on (pre)sale tomorrow.

7. Whatjuliansaid

I was so psyched to get deftones tickets until I saw the prices. Can't imagine what they'll charge for friggin Sting, it's insane. I could go to an msg show for cheaper lol

8. Derek

Get stung

Tried Artichokes when I visited home back in November. Wow was that decadent and a mouthful of sex cream

9. Whatjuliansaid

I can't eat pizza anymore but I always loved johns because the crust wasn't thick and gross. I'm one of the few people who preferred thin crust.

10. turtledude9

Regular

Not sure if this thread is just for people who live in NYC but I'm from just outside London and damn I love NY. Always been obsessed with it and managed to visit for a week last year. Can't wait to come back. Amazing place.

11. scroopy.noopers

: (

Would anyone be comfortable in telling me how they pay for rent? I just moved here from Chicago and got lucky to find a room in east Bushwick/Bed-Stuy for $600. I'm especially curious about those living in Manhattan.

12. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

shamelessly pinging this thread again - i'm looking to find a new place to live by June 1, i'm totally down with roommates as long as they aren't total slobs and respect other people's things! currently using craigslist, pad mapper and the like but i figured i'd ask here as well.

13. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I would be down 100%.

h8bit likes this.
  14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Six hundred for bed-stuy??? Are you living in a closet? You must have a roommate? That's almost unheard of. I'm looking for single bedroom apartments in Suffolk and there's nothing under 1300. Lower east side you'll be looking upwards of 2000-2500 for a single bedroom. Midtown is unlivable. Uptown you'll get down around 1700 but it can be very hit or miss up there, especially around harlem.

15. John Lopiano

Even on Staten Island where all the apartments are in houses, a one bedroom is usually no cheaper than $1300 or something.

Richter915 likes this.
  16. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Ya SI is very much like Nassau and Suffolk. I almost took a job at Staten Island hospital. I was not expecting all those turkeys on the road when I interviewed out there haha.

17. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

one time when my sister was looking for apartments in manhattan she was shown a studio that was a 5 foot tall room with a bed in it, and i bet it cost more than 600 hahah

i'm moving back to nyc in the fall for grad school and i'm not super looking forward to that rent, boston is almost as bad but damn new york why you gotta play me like this

Richter915 likes this.
  18. John Lopiano

Hahahaha. We have so many turkeys and I don't know why. The deer population is on a steady rise too.

19. St. Nate

THIS WEATHER IS GARBAGE

20. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

going to be in New York for three weeks this summer for my masters program (as well as the next two summers). going to Columbia; living in Harlem. anything that I must do in that area? I've only been to NYC twice - saw The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and visited Columbia (also saw Times Square and Central Park on that trip).

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Richter915 like this.
  21. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

yeah it's a load of horseshit. terrible day to realize i lost an umbrella.

22. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

What sorts of things are you looking to do/how much free time will you have?

23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

This rain needs to die. Next week is gonna be the bees knees though.

24. St. Nate

Safe.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

if there are any shows at the Apollo that's in Harlem and is a historic/beautiful venue, not sure how close that is to Columbia because I've only been to Columbia once