Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New York City Thread Location • Page 28

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 7, 2016.

1. fastlife

Regular Supporter

I volunteer at the Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co. in Park Slope and if they’re into that kind of thing it’s a fun place to stop by. But maybe not worth the effort if there’s nowhere else in that area you’re checking out.

2. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I was an intern at 826 Valencia in SF!

fastlife likes this.
  3. fastlife

Regular Supporter

The OG 826! The only other 826 I’ve been to so far is the one in DC. Definitely want to stop by the SF one at some point.

4. scroopy.noopers

: (

i know most of y'all who post in here aren't into electronic/dance music but the online radio station i've been supporting has a residency at the ace hotel lobby every saturday night now. its a mix of house and jungle music, great to take dates to for dancing, and its generally just a good time. would be cool to see some of y'alls faces.

my house is also holding a 420 party in bed-stuy if that is your thing.

Richter915 and Fronnyfron like this.
  5. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

6. scroopy.noopers

anyone here into the hirs collective?

7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Hitting NYC for the first time next weekend and appreciate the last 10 pages of recs from folks here. Otherwise, have to imagine there might be some other fests and whatnot going on over Memorial Day weekend if anyone knows of any, thanks!

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  9. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

If anyone would like to see Charly Bliss for free tonight at 6:30 at Rough Trade, let me know! I just received an extra wrist band when I purchased their CD for tonight’s performance.

10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

ARGHGAHESDIPGJPWAESDGJPOAEDSKF

Dammit too short notice.

summertimejesus likes this.
  11. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Show starts at 7! Guess doors are at 6:30.... lmk if you can make it!

12. scroopy.noopers

rooftop party at my place on saturday afternoon. hmu if any y'all wanna come hang for a bit

13. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I'm stuck inside all day Saturday playing a board game......

Ready for the rest of the weekend though, it's going to be gorgeous out.

14. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Anyone else get hit hard with allergies this week? The last couple days have been brutal for me.

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I am now allergies

Anthony_ and sean_rugy like this.
  16. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Roll call for the Dangerous Summer on 6/21? Bunch of people in the album thread said they were going. Might be a good chance to say hi.

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

YES it's crazy that you're saying this because yesterday they kicked my ass and today is only slightly better

18. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Brooklyn/Queens people - I am all about those Revel moped things haha took one out yesterday and it was so much fun. might just ride around for fun, my 15 minute ride was about $6 and change.

summertimejesus and fluxyjoe like this.
  19. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

[​IMG]
    Me walking in the city today

Anthony_ and fluxyjoe like this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Anybody want to come see Doughboys tonight at 8? Have an extra ticket.

21. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

anyone at Vampire Weekend’s MSG show tonight?

22. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

anybody have a preference between rubulad and mercury lounge? still waiting to hear back from other spots but wondering if one of these two is particularly better for any reason

23. fastlife

Regular Supporter

They’re very different, depends on what you’re into. I have no idea where rubulad even is anymore, but I went to some of their parties ten or so years ago while i was in college and they were a blast. Huge space, each room was different, good music, DIY artsy vibe. Mercury lounge is tiny and I’ve only been there for concerts. Feels more intimate watching bands play there, but gets cramped quick, especially the bar area by the entrance.

24. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

im booking a concert for someone and these are the first two places to have gotten back to me with yes’s. seems like rubulad may be a bit cooler, i really like the way you described it. thanks!

25. polyfilla

who can never be sure

A long shot, but anyone here selling or know anyone who's selling 1 or 2 tickets to Mr. Bungle at either of the Brooklyn Steel dates? (Feb 10 & 11) I'm really hoping to get my boyfriend tickets to this show for xmas and don't want to spend an arm & a leg. the fb event seems to be all scammers.