Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New York City Thread Location • Page 27

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 7, 2016.

1. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I'll be there.

2. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

What up all! Anyone got some favorite food spots in the city they would recommend? Heading to NYC for Wrestlemania so trying to build out a few other things to do.

3. Horrorca

Trusted

budget / area / preferences?

4. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Budget - Would prefer to be under $300 for the whole shebang.
    Area - I'm staying In Jersey City but plan to spend a lot of time in Manhattan. Got my Brooklyn spot already picked out.
    Preferences - Pretty open minded. My gf loves EVERYTHING. I'm a little pickier but can usually find something on any menu.

5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Found a little gem called Porteno in Chelsea last weekend. Argentenian food, and the owner was born there. Very trendy environment, really great drinks and service. Small and intimate.

Check it out yall

6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Also, I am desperately trying to find a ticket to The Maine on March 26 that doesn't cost $400. If anyone knows someone who knows someone who might have a ticket to sell, hook a brother up

7. Anthony_ Mar 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 30, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

mercury and fluxyjoe like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

web250 likes this.
  9. web250

And just when Webster comes back. Irving isn't one of my favorites, and I go there less often than I used to. I hope they'll find a way to make the flow of venue a bit better.

10. Will be in brooklyn this weekend for balance & composure- anyone know of other shows /comedy/ anything really happening saturday?

EntryLevelDave likes this.
  11. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

@j0hnnyrt

There's a pretty cool beer bar nearby you could check out, Tørst

sean_rugy likes this.
  12. Anthony_

Fronnyfron and sean_rugy like this.
  13. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Anyone looking to move within/to brooklyn within the next month? Looking to sublet my place (with an option to stay on the lease afterwards)

14. scroopy.noopers

: (

my roommate is moving out. where abouts and how much? (message me if that info is sensitive)

15. web250

Or better yet, it's just a ten minute walk from Beer Street which is far less pretentious.

I'll be at the B&C show too.

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  16. Thanks for all the suggestions- been to most of those spots, Grimm being my favorite! I hadn't heard of beer street though, and that's right across the street from the airbnb.

Anthony_ and h8bit like this.
  17. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

sounds like you're around the corner from me. Anthony and Son Panini Shop is a must for incredible sandwiches, my go to is the FDNY (chicken cutlet, mozz, vodka sauce on toasted garlic bread). you're also a short walk to Best Pizza, my favorite pizza in the city.

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  18. +1 for Anthony and Son. The FDNY brings me up on even my worst days haha.

sean_rugy likes this.
  19. web250

Anthony's is *legit*...used to work nearby.

20. SincerelyEmma

Anyone have any suggestions for things to with kids in the city? Ages 10-14. My little cousins want me to take them for a long weekend but they've done the bus tours and statue of liberty and the big touristy stuff. They're thinking Coney Island/Luna Park, but we live next to a Six Flags and I'm not sure it'll live up to their expectations. They also really like shopping and I'm not a clothes person so I'm at a total loss on that one lol.

21. Anthony_

I'm probably sounding like a broken record but Smorgasburg is a great thing to do with families, they have so many different vendors that there's bound to be a bunch of things any kid would enjoy.

j0hnnyrt, SincerelyEmma and sean_rugy like this.
  22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

if you're coming after May 1, Governor's Island will be open and that's like it's own little world.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  23. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

I’ve heard really good things about the Brooklyn children’s museum!

24. SincerelyEmma

That looks awesome!

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. SincerelyEmma

I think they're a little too old for the children's museum and we're going like the last weekend in April, but I appreciate the suggestions very much!

mercury likes this.