Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New York City Thread Location • Page 25

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Another great burger option—and even closer to Comedy Cellar than Corner Bistro—is JG Melon. Howevaaaa...it's not the original JG Melon (that's further uptown). My cousin and I have a fake feud because he's a JG guy and I'm a CB guy. Going to CB will offer you a good chance to take a nice stroll through the West Village en route to Comedy Cellar.

sean_rugy and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Have you tried the black label burger??

3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

We went to a show at the Cellar back in January when the infamous bomb cyclone or whatever hit. It was like negative 10 degrees, so we didn't get to really enjoy strolling through town. Looking forward to it.

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Yes. It's phenomenal. Expensive for sure ($28-$30 if I remember right) but it's worth the hype and price point.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

That's pretty awesome. Was looking into how its made and with the ingredients they use, the price is def justified.

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

If you find yourself with post-show munchies, definitely hit up Mamoun's Falafel, a few doors down from the Cellar. These falafels literally got me through college. Get the falafel with hummus—maybe two of them—and devour it. Careful with the hot sauce, it is REALLY REALLY hot.

Also, just because it popped into my head...if you're looking for Italian pre-show, hit up Arturo's on Thompson and Houston (a few blocks from Cellar). Unpretentious old school Italian with an amazing vibe and they usually have live jazz. Cheap house wine, amazing coal oven pizza, and extremely generous portions!

If you're a beer lover and want a good bar, I recommend the Half Pint on Thompson nearby or Blind Tiger on Bleeker. Both have very solid beer selections.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  7. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

CORNER BISTRO

that is all.

SEANoftheDEAD and Drewski like this.
  8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Really appreciate the recs! I love falafels and will def have post show munchies so I'll be sure to check them out. Saw a belgian fry place around the corner last time too that I'd like to try.

I hit up Blind Tiger last time we were in town for some pre show beers. Will def head back there. May have to check out Half Pint as well.

9. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

polyfilla likes this.
  10. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Wanted to see if anyone here was going to see The Wonder Years play their Halloween show in Sayreville on 10/26? Thinking of possibly going but I don't know how I'd get there without a car/ride!

11. Take NJ Transit from Penn Station to South Amboy, Starland Ballroom is a 10 minute ride from that station. My friend had to do that for Neck Deep last month cause he goes to NYU. I think his Uber was only like $8 too.

12. scroopy.noopers

: (

Moving to a permanent residence in Bed-Stuy! Just signed the lease today.

13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

congrats.

thanks for inviting us over to your house warming party for cake

14. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Woooo congrats friend!

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  15. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Congrats on the new place.

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  16. scroopy.noopers

: (

end of november. queers and gays only. straights are fine too if they're cool with the queers and gays.

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I see I’m notninvited

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Back in the Spring

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I really hope the floor in the main room still wobbles when a show is really rocking. So cool and also so terrifying haha.

K0ta, ryanfears, mercury and 4 others like this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

saw Circa there during the OLG tour and thought the floor was gonna collapse under us haha

St. Nate likes this.
  21. sean_rugy

wow, I genuinely forgot about Webster Hall

St. Nate likes this.
  22. sean_rugy

I guess we'll found out in 10 minutes...

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lmao that’d be ridiculous

24. sean_rugy

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

mercury and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.