Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New York City Thread Location • Page 19

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

I have an extra ticket to TWY on May 5 if anyone wants to come along.

2. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone here own property in manhattan? My wife and I are thinking of moving back and it's either upper west side, westchester, or nassau county...

3. scroopy.noopers

: (

Yeah I'm desperate for a place right now

4. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Find me on fb! My name is Amanda Meth on there.

5. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

signed a lease in greenpoint... hell yeah... moving on may 9th! send me all your good recs plz n thx

summertimejesus and sean_rugy like this.
  6. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Nice! Where at in Greenpoint? I'm at the border of Greenpoint and Williamsburg, just south of McCarren Park. I love it up there.

- Frankel's Deli - top notch breakfast sandwiches that are pricey but worth it
    - A Bar - great dive bar that host's Washedeup Emo's emo night the first Thursday of the month
    - Brooklyn Barge - docked boat on the east river that serves as a bar
    - Taqueria La Nortena - hole in the wall Mexican food
    - Sunshine Laundromat - pinball 'speakeasy' behind a washer/dryer door
    - Moe's Doughs - the less crowded and better(?) version of Peter Pan's donuts
    - The Diamond - probably my favorite little bar in the area with a nice backyard and Mario Kart tournaments the first Saturday of the month
    - Academy Records - used record store that you could spend hours in
    - Paulie Gee's - good Neapolitan style pizza

The Brooklyn Expo Center is also right there and they host some good events, two week's ago was a hot sauce expo that ruined me. There's so much great stuff packed in that neighborhood. Hopefully I'll see you around!

7. h8bit

Awesome! This is all great. I'll be on Greenpoint/Manhattan Ave :)

summertimejesus and sean_rugy like this.
  8. summertimejesus May 1, 2018
    (Last edited: May 1, 2018)
    summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Anyone else getting nervous about the L train shutdown? I live half a mile from the L, M, and J trains (I mostly take the L) but I already have a bit of a long-winded commute with the L train running to Manhattan since I tend to take the bus from Morgan Ave to my apt when it's really cold or if I'm carrying a lot of stuff. I rarely take the M or J but I imagine they're going to get ridiculously crowded when the L goes down.

I've also gone to some community board meetings regarding the shutdown and I know groups are trying to advocate for good alternatives but I am still super nervous!
    [​IMG]

9. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Hit up Adelina's Wine Bar for amazing Italian food! They serve animal products but it's super vegan/veggie-friendly!
    If you're into bowling there's also The Gutter!

h8bit likes this.
  10. scroopy.noopers

Man I just hope the L closure brings down price in rent in bushwick cuz most my friends live there and most of the shows I go to are there

summertimejesus likes this.
  11. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Hey is that you who friend requested me on fb? Just making sure!

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  12. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

You should be terrified. I am a HUGE transit nerd (seriously, ask me anything), and I was originally hopeful that the MTA had enough time to get this right. I firmly believe now though that they won't and it will be an absolute shit-show. It's also quite likely that station conditions will be dangerous. Wouldn't shock me at all if someone dies from this over the course of the 15+ months.

13. web250

This isn't even sold-out, right?

They screwed up scheduling it the same night as Turnstile/Touche at Warsaw. I'll be there :thumbup:

14. scroopy.noopers

Yea, that should be me!

15. web250

Adelina's is fantastic. Definitely veggie friendly.

16. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Yeah, my hope has totally dwindled as the shut-down approaches! I'm probably going to try moving around winter time, as that seems like the worst time to find a roommate but the best time to move.

Do you ride your bike here? I got involved with Transportation Alternatives after moving here in 2015 from the Bay Area where I was spoiled with superb bike riding conditions (respectful drivers/cyclists/pedestrians, smooth roads, great weather all the time) and wanted to get involved on making things better here. I've been less involved due to work commitments over the last year but I am still a little too scared to ride my bike everywhere here like I did back in the Bay bc I think there are just too many people here and a lot of them have a "go-go-go" mentality which I think also just comes from being overwhelmed by how many people and things are going on here. I do like a lot of things about NYC and knew that I'd be riding less but I miss feeling like I could take the lane the way I did back home.

17. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

It's sooo good! I don't go enough but am planning to go back again for my birthday this year. Definitely some of the best pizza I've ever had.

18. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Yeah it's not sold out. I bought my ticket to NFG the day they went on sale thinking it would sell out but that's not either.

19. web250

I have a Citi Bike membership, but don't use it much. I used it more when I lived in Wburg, but I'm on the UES now it's full of old NIMBY fuckers who don't believe in bike lanes.

20. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

LMAO. Thought I responded to this a while ago but yeah, that sounds about right.

21. h8bit

@sean_rugy went to Frankel’s Deli today... holy shit was it good. Think I found my new weekend breakfast spot.

sean_rugy likes this.
  22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

What’d you get? I usually get the pastrami, egg, and cheese on challah.

h8bit likes this.
  23. h8bit

exactly what I got lol

sean_rugy likes this.
  24. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Man this city can be so lonely

25. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Yes, it totally can be! I'm down to hang out though, if you'd like!