Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New York City Thread Location

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Whatjuliansaid Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I see every other state has a thread but not New York?!? Get outttaaaa heaayaa! ;-p

We could talk about how overpriced everything is, how packed the trains get at rush hour, the weird events we see daily, how annoying the word hipster is or anything else you want.

2. RunInTheFront

I'm interested, but uninteresting. Prestigious

Not Buffalo...;-)

3. Whatjuliansaid

4. RunInTheFront

Clarified, and now I feel left out 7 hours away :tear:. To be fair when I moved to California and told people I was from New York 98% of people assumed it was the city. Telling them I lived 7 hours away blew their minds.

5. Whatjuliansaid

Don't feel bad, apparently buffalo is the new "place to be". All the Midwestern trust fund kids that moved here and realized they we spending too many oodles are heading over there because its way cheaper. Not to mention bushy beards and flannel run rampant. You can soon brag about it and people will think you're more interesting because of it haha ;-p

6. RunInTheFront

Honestly it's nice to see Buffalo on the upswing. We've got shit on for years (deservedly so), but a lot of development is going on, thanks in large part to the Bills and Sabres owners investing money back into the community. I used to hate driving to the city but now its becoming very tolerable haha.

By the way, NYC is incredible. My friends and I went there for a New York Red Bulls game a couple years ago, and we were blown away by the city. The first night we were there we went to a rooftop party overlooking the city and it was amazing.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  7. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Nice, was thinking of starting this thread the other day. Lived in WNY near Rochester for most of my life, but currently living in Brooklyn. BTW if anyone is looking for a roommate soon... <_<

8. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

my ad agency handles the tourism account for NYS, and this is a problem we see time and again. NYS is huge, and when people hear "New York" they only think of the city. It's a big hill to climb.

9. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i live in the upper west side after 3 years in the east village. finally got my own place after 5 years, and it's just the best thing in the world. hoping to go to Di Fara pizza this weekend for my birthday, but the weather is supposed to be shitty.

10. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I am still awaiting the day or show that we run into each other.

11. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I am here.

12. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Congrats on getting your own place! Been living on my own the last couple years, can't imagine having roommates again.

After living in Brooklyn Heights, Prospect Heights, and Park Slope, finally settled in Kensington. Love it here.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I live close to there but avoid it as much as possible.

14. Whatjuliansaid

Same, not a fan of the city. I live as far in the pocket of Brooklyn as I can from it.

A guy posing as blind so he can collect change just got on my train...

15. St. Nate

Now I am leaving New York. All about that Port Authority life.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

in the suburbs because I will never be able to afford rent in the city

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

18. St. Nate

If I was to come back I'd definitely move to Queens. It's actually a possibility next year.

19. Whatjuliansaid

I think that would be the only other borough I could probably live in. I hear Astoria's really nice but its also packed and expensive as hell.

20. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

i rarely go to shows anymore. i maybe do 3 or 4 a year now.

21. Whatjuliansaid

I remember when I used to go to shows all the time... And then livenation took over

22. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

New York City is my favorite place I've ever been and I miss it

23. eversotru

harmony in a sad song

Screenshot_2016-04-09-17-26-45-01.jpeg

Things you see on the subway - 1 train uptown

24. Whatjuliansaid

That's it? That's nothing compared to people clipping their toenails in the open

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gonna be in Brooklyn tonight. Holla atcha girl

Whatjuliansaid and St. Nate like this.