Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Senses Fail Coming in 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah pretty bummed to see Zach and Matt gone. They're great guitarists who added a lot to the sound I would imagine and more than anything they are super chill dudes.

Davjs likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The only "members" still in the band from the Thorns era is Chris on Drums and Gavin who was on Bass during Renacer/Thorns but now is on Guitar.

Davjs likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

Not only did Matt and Zach do so much creative stuff on Renacer, but they brought the energy and rocking out live. Watching videos from their Still Searching tour they are on now, not only does Buddy not scream really but the band is kinda still. Hopefully everyone who wanted to, saw them tour before Thorns came out :-O

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The best lineup by far was with Heath and Garrett on guitar.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I saw them on the Sum back tour and while the other members weren't as great stage presence-wise they still sounded really tight and Buddy's prescense was god-like haha. He's the best frontman he's ever been right now.

6. Davjs

Trusted

Eh. They did do some fantastic songs though. I wouldn't rank Still Searching or LINAWR top of their discography though.

Yeah I saw that, the Silverstein tour and Warped tour when Thrones was released had Buddy going crazy onstage (normally during Canine and heavier songs). I dunno if it's just the old songs but in this tour he doesn't look like he has it.

7. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

This band has one of my favorite arcs. I'm hoping to hear more Joseph Campbell references in his lyrics. That became an easter egg hunt once I started to read into J. Camp.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

He was going crazy during the entire Sum Back tour set which btw- was extremely solid. They played songs from all their records minus The Fire. From his instagram pix (@budthechud) he looks to be still kicking ass on stage which is honestly the main reason I'm going to see them next month in San Francisco for the 15 year tour.

Davjs likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

I'm youtube junkie about watching live footage, maybe I just saw some bad clips from this tour. Happy he's at least still going hard live!

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

If Zach is gone I legit have no idea who any other single member is lol. And I love the last two albums. Not sure about going back to their older sound.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Gavin and Chris are dope. Chris was in Poison The Well and he's a beast behind the kit.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Listening to Closure/Rebirth right now. So good. Really hoping the new record is half as good as this.

Davjs likes this.
  13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ah ok I knew someone from Poison The Well was in it, that rings a bell haha