Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Senses Fail Coming in 2018

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Buddy Nielsen confirmed that the new Senses Fail record will be released in early 2018:

Nielsen said the disc, which should be released in early 2018, will “sound like if there was a record between ‘Let It Enfold You’ and ‘Still Searching.’

latortuga likes this.
  2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Tentatively titled "Still enfolding you"

Eric, GetUpAndrew, suppyguppy and 4 others like this.
  3. aniafc

Trusted

Good. Their hardcore stuff isn't bad, but i definitely prefer their pop punk stuff

Bayside 182 likes this.
  4. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Would be really curious to hear what an original line-up could reunite and come up with. Literally zero chance of that, but fun to imagine.

Ryan likes this.
  5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

That'd be a dream. Wish they could pull a TBS

Essie likes this.
  6. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

What happened within the band? I haven't really followed them since the Still Searching era

7. TFT87

Regular

Those were by far their 2 best albums, so excited for this.

8. zachmacD

Trusted

Buddy posted a picture of Garret's (the old lead guitarist) recording set-up and said that they were recording together. Garret wrote the music for most of the songs from both of those album so I have a feeling the music at least is going to be awesome. Buddy's voice is what I'm worried about.

Ben Lee likes this.
  9. zachmacD

Trusted

Everyone left except the singer. There wasn't any drama but they slowly left one by one with the last remaining member Dan, the drummer, leaving in 2013 or 2014.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I'd die. Either the original lineup, or with Heath on guitar would be bitchin.

Ben Lee likes this.
  11. Ben Lee

Pretty much that. And Dave sued them over royalties. There was just an oral history type thing on Alt Press and if you can get through their terrible fucking advertisement, it's an interesting read w/ Dave included.

I read somewhere a long time ago that Dave's playing just wasn't really cutting it and he had some issues of his own going on. Thank god, cause Heath made SS such a tight sounding album.

12. Ben Lee

That would be great. It's seems like they're all okay, so I could see it working out.

13. I'm so bittersweet about this. Renacer was by far their best record, and while Pull the Thorns... was a little hit or miss, it still had some of his best songs on it. Speak the Truth Even if Your Voice Shakes and In Your Absence were both not great so I don't really think I want "old" Senses Fail anymore. Oh well. Overall, I'm just hoping that it's good.

mattylikesfilms and zachmacD like this.
  14. zachmacD

Trusted

I didn't like the speak the truth stuff or the most recent ep either but loved Renacer and PTTFYH. I think the heavier stuff fits them better now that his voice is pretty worn out.

15. robargarthan

If that's the case, really not stoked for this. I can appreciate their older material for what it is but it definitely doesn't do it for me like Renacer or Pull The Thorns... does.

16. This should be great. Even tho I like they're heavier stuff like Renacer more... but I'm always down to hear more senses fail

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I kinda have a feeling this is going to sound like what Speak The Truth sounds like then.

18. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I must admit I'm pretty excited for a SF record that sounds like their early-to-mid-00s material.

19. MikeC18

I'd go as far to say Senses Fail is my current favorite band even though I never liked their music pre Renacer. So if they stray from the hardcore sound of the last two albums I will be quite disappointed.

20. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

oh, cool, that's kind of the sound i want to hear from them.

21. mattylikesfilms Mar 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 21, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

UGH.

This is what I hate seeing; a band puts out a great record, changing their sound for the better, yet the fan base still largely want the old sound so they abide.

Look at The Academy Is... with Santi and Finch with Say Hello To Sunshine for perfect examples. Look at the records released after those... not nearly as good.

Renacer is goddamn phenomenal and such a fantastic record from start to finish. Amazing instrumentals with great positive/inspiring lyrics. I was really hoping they would continue that sound. This is a bummer for sure... especially if the results come out like Speak The Truth..

natefoundglory, Davjs and zachmacD like this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

With you on this brother. "Crash My Car" is alright but that's pretty much only if you ignore the lyrics. This sucks.

BigMouth likes this.
  23. skoopy

Regular

Not a fan of this. Moving back to this sound would be a regression for them. If it ends up sounding natural and genuine at this stage of their career I'm fine with it, but if it sounds like a forced attempt to recall their old sound I'll be disappointed.

FTank and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

I'm a little torn because the non screaming songs on the Follow Your Bliss EP (Vines, Early Grave and Waves) as well as the 3 new songs on their acoustic EP are really good and I'd welcome more of that. But Thrones wasn't any good except the few heavier tracks and Speak The Truth is pretty bland. This could go either way.

Their best line up was with Zach and Matt on guitar though, with them gone I'm not expecting too much. Whatever they do, they had an amazing run though.

25. Ben Lee

Who is in the band anymore? Is it just Buddy and a rotating cast of hired guns?