Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Saves the Day Coming in October • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 13, 2018.

1. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

My body is ready.

2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Whoa. New song is very interesting. I hear Blue album era Weezer for sure.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  3. inagreendase

I'm not sure if I agree on the era per se, but definite Weezer vibes. I think CC's Beatles influence is leaking in here too.

A self-band named track nine albums in too, interesting time to do that. Then again, self-titled album came eight albums in...

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  4. chilllll

Regular

brah every std record has gems. every single one has a different vibe and imo they cant be ranked against each other. love everything from cant slow down to daybreak havent really gotten a chance to check out anything newer than that but std is one of the greatest pop punk/emo bands of all time

Dan O'Neill and SaveTheEarth like this.
  5. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I’m picking up a mix of Beatles, weezer Pinkerton era, and Superchunk. I can’t emphasize enough how stoked I am to hear the rest of this!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Was just talking about these guys this past weekend...wondering what they're up to. Great news!

7. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I love this new STD! Wait, what I meant was...they Rock and stuff haha

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Sure...

paythetab likes this.
  9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

My favorite band returns out of nowhere. Fuck yes. It’s been too long since the s/t. I’m so ready for this album, then a tour.

These boys used to tour for most of the year. The recent downtime had me worried.

10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

You’re not alone! But they were touring nonstop from like 2006 - 2015 (or whenever the SA/STD anniversary coheadline was) so I’m sure this was a much needed break for Chris. Also the rumors of them breaking up can be put to rest which is a huge sigh of relief.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

new song is sick

12. dnaps

I'm the only one here who prefers Through Being Cool to everything else they've ever done?

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I get Pinkerton vibes.

Serenity Now likes this.
  14. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

Dan O'Neill and SaveTheEarth like this.
  15. Sal Mastrocola

Making Music in Gatto Black

Definitely in the top 10

16. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

"And then we stop making sense, walk off the stage in a trance" sounds like Chris' behavior the past couple years haha

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Sorry to be that guy, I just can't stand the vocals anymore, musically this sounds good, but once Chris starts singing i'm out.

VanderlyleCrybaby likes this.
  18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

upload_2018-8-14_10-21-51.jpeg

Dan O'Neill and oldjersey like this.
  19. The Format

Regular

Rocks Tonic Juice Magic

20. Dog Fish

Mutt

I'll never forget how jarring it was that first time I heard in reverie after religiously listening to stay what you are.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  21. The Format

Regular

In Reverie is my favorite album from them. Followed by Stay What You Are.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My cutoff is Sound The Alarm, which very well may be my favorite STD album haha. In reverie being a close second. But yeah In Reverie at first listen was a huge WTF moment.

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I’m into it

Attached Files:

Dan O'Neill and Serenity Now like this.
  24. ihaveblink

Regular

I feel you, I haven't really cared for Chris' singing for about 3 albums now? Didn't Rob Schnapf once say that his performance on IR sound like Chris singing while on the couch through a ham sandwich? Which I actually like his higher-liteness on IR.

25. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Can someone refresh my memory about why he changed his vocal style so dramatically?