Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Music from Jarrod Gorbel (The Honorary Title)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mélange, May 27, 2017.

1. Mélange

Regular

I absolutely love The Honorary Title and hold them as one of my near and dear "gone to soon" bands. His solo stuff was decent, but Night Terrors didn't do much for me.

Anyway, Jarrod recently put out two singles as Numblife. Both tracks, 32 Days and Girl Who Cried Wolf, are on AppleMusic and Spotify.

32 Days is catchy as hell, and I constantly find myself singing the chorus.

This is apparently a solo project he's releasing some tracks under, but he also has a new band called Mourners with Will Noon (drummer from Straylight Run). They haven't released anything yet, but have been teasing pretty heavily and also scheduled a show in LA with My Jerusalem.

Highly anticipating what's to come from both of these projects.

2. Awesome!

3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Those Honorary Title records are still great

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"Stuck At Sea" was and is a jam.

KidLightning likes this.
  5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Honorary Title was just the best. Even his first solo album had some gems. Night Terrors was fun, but this makes it sound like they're done? Props for staying busy, but man, he's always in something new that it's hard to get consistency (not that there's anything wrong with that).

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I really liked the Night Terrors album, these three new songs aren't quite doing it for me though sadly

8. No offense to Jarrod, but these 2 Mourners songs sound like old school Weezer.

9. cherrywaves

Trusted

But that...sounds good?

10. Didn't mean to imply it was a negative... it just felt like all his other projects were progressive and "new" in some way.

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

OH ok gotchu

12. The Honorary Title AND Limbeck?!?!

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shit. Might have to go haha, mostly for Limbeck if I am being honest

14. reptar12

New shows announced in NY, SF and Chi

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Mélange likes this.
  16. Mélange

Regular

Thanks for the update! I need to get in that show. It'll be a hell of a way to celebrate my bday.

I almost flew to LA for the first reunion show.

17. Mélange

Regular

Going to the BK show!

18. Mélange

Regular

The Brooklyn show was last night, and it was incredible! The band sounded great, and Jarrod's voice was flawless.

That guy is such a talent. I can't wait to hear more from him. I love Mourners, but would really enjoy hearing him mix in some of the raw power and emotion he belts out on those HT albums.

19. Mélange

Regular

Jarrod did a solo acoustic live stream in Instagram. Played the Mourners tracks and closed with some old gems.

Highly recommend.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

On a Honorary Title kick. Scream & Light Up The Sky might be an all time favorite album of mine. Still hits me HARD.

Mélange likes this.
  21. Mélange

Regular

He started another project with Shaun Lopez (Crosses, Far, etc...) called I Know Where You Live. First track, Holy Ever, is out now.

Much more in line with Crosses than anything Jarrod has done. I love Crosses, so I’m digging it and looking forward to more.

[youtube]

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.