Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Jersey Thread Location • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kyle is hk, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

we slackin'

2. Born and raised in West Long Branch. Spent elementary school through high school in good ol' WLB, spent 1 year at Ramapo in 2013-14, and about to start year 3 at Monmouth U. My love for New Jersey is unreal.

Blue Swan is the best diner in Monmouth County, State Line is the best in Bergen, Turning Point rules (only reason to ever go to Pier Village) but it's not really a diner IMO. Asbury Park has the best bar scene, I walk the boardwalk from AP to Belmar when I'm bored and need exercise, and I miss the Lanes. It's called porkroll, not Taylor Ham. Disco fries are just okay unless A, you're drunk or B, it's after midnight at which point they're the best food on the planet. I worked at Surf Taco in LB when I was 16, their BBQ chicken wrap is mad underrated. Best pizza in Monmouth County is either Scala's in Long Branch (2 doors down from Surf Taco) or Gianni's in Red Bank / Oakhurst / Little Silver etc. My avatar is Brian Fallon in a pretty good yet overpriced cafe on Cookman.

Okay, hope that proves that I'm Real Jersey Trash.

mgiannotti likes this.
  3. Also this is my new favorite thread hehehe

4. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

@ECV I live right off of Monmouth Road in Oakhurst, less than 5 minutes away from MU, Blue Swan and Turning Point are always lit, I've worked in Asbury for 4 years now, and Gianni's Sicilian slice is fantastic

ECV likes this.
  5. Small world, I live off Monmouth as well, probably a few streets down in WLB haha.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I bought my Mini over there

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'll be there for the new alternative fest in september

8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I don't head down there live ever.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll see what money looks like closer to the show. I may go. If not, I'll grab a beer with ya.

10. cwhit

hotelier was just added, makes it even better
    got two, for a friend and i

Henry likes this.
  11. St. Nate

I can't go because @St. Nate is a multi-national corporation.

cwhit likes this.
  12. cwhit

13. St. Nate

cwhit likes this.
  14. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Oh what's up. Didn't realize this thread was a thing. Shoutout to my people.

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

this is actually my life.

16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

When were you at TCNJ? I feel like we discussed this before but our time almost certainly overlapped.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I used to spend a lot of time at TCNJ. Weird times.

18. St. Nate

I spent a decent amount of time at Kean for a while. Odd.

19. Kyle is hk

2008-2012. I missed out on this awesome campus town they just built :/

20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

2011-2015 so yeah your senior year was my freshman year. But if it makes you feel any better they told me campus town would be done by my sophomore year, and they didn't finish it till this past school year, after i had graduated. It's pretty interesting though.

They renovated T Dubs too, and it's much nicer now. Not as much smell of grease and regret anymore though.

21. Kyle is hk

I was there for the new tdubs! Man the amount of chicken fingers I ate freshman year living in Wolfe 1...

You do wtsr?

22. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

No, there's a new, new T Dubs as of Spring 2015. My senior year they updated it again.

And yeah, I did WTSR all through college, and still do a show once a week, though I often miss a good amount of them now, on Saturdays, actually with someone who went to the school around the same time as you.

23. marceting

Trusted

Got drunk with old high school friends last weekend and went to a diner in Parsippany at 3am. It was amazing.

St. Nate likes this.
  24. marceting

Trusted

Let me also say, going to school in central Pennsylvania is a 180 compared to north jersey living. Took me a semester to get used to everything over there. Currently living in NJ working in NYC.

25. Kyle is hk

Oh wow they did again? I thought the first renovation was already a big improvement. I did a dayside shows on Wednesdays for a few semesters. Though, tbh I wasn't very involved with the station as a whole. Just showed up and did my show. Something I regret.