Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Jersey Thread Location • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kyle is hk, Apr 7, 2016.

1. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Hey wait I was at my parents' place in Jackson today

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

WHO WASN'T IN JACKSON TODAY?!

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I was at Surf Taco in Jackson yesterday lol.

4. US Camera

Love Surf Taco

I actually went to Es Condidos in Freehold last night @Meerkat was jealous

VanMastaIteHab and Meerkat like this.
  5. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

is that the one with the bar--because I've always wanted to go to that one

VanMastaIteHab and US Camera like this.
  6. US Camera

Yeah a pretty sizable portion of the place is bar and there's an upstairs area with video games

7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I was not in Jackson. I don't think I've been to Jackson.

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it's the best! I make a point of going every time I'm home visiting family.

9. Miss Heartcore

AND VIDEO GAMES WHAT.

i definitely need to stop by there now. Get drunk at surf taco and play video games. what a world.

10. US Camera

Yeah last I was upstairs which dang like four years ago they had an XBox and a Wii

11. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I was paintballing (first time) in Jackson yesterday lol

12. US Camera

I've never been/where is this?

13. Kyle is hk

Went to a place called Top Gun. Despite 37 degrees and pouring rain the whole time it was still pretty fun. Definitely want to give it another go once it's nicer out.

14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Obligatory Jackson post

US Camera likes this.
  15. US Camera

Is this by Six Flags?

16. Kyle is hk

@US Camera pretty much right next to it actually. Its behind a bar and Mexican restaurant iirc

US Camera likes this.
  17. holdfasthope

Newbie Prestigious

menlo park diner has the jukeboxes. have you tried turning point? it gets REALLY crowded. agree 100% on everything bolded.

bizarre. i am also from Edison, and now live in Plainsboro. my wife and i are buying a house in Brick so i will be there soon.

18. holdfasthope

Newbie Prestigious

like my last post said, i am moving to Brick soon. i have never lived anywhere not near routes 1, 18, 27, or 130 so i am going to have to get acclimated. anyone know any cool spots in that area (even if it's somewhat of a drive)?

19. Miss Heartcore

Turning Point is almost like a fake diner and though they have good food, it really is impossible to get in there!

US Camera likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah. It's right down the road. That place used to be so badass.

That Surf Taco is siq too. Used to bounce between there and 10th Ave Burrito.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

whattttttt. I used to live right around the corner from there. You have the beach right down Rt. 70. Point Pleasant is an ear shot away. Asbury Park is the hot place right now. Its only maybe 15-20 mins depending on what part of Brick you are in. If you are ever looking for anything specific, hit me up here or on Facebook and I can point you in a direction. I basically lived there my whole life.

22. US Camera

After working at Six Flags I worked at the McDonald's right over there. That was a hell of a job

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that. That place sounds like an absolutely nightmare. I worked in food services at SF for one day and that was enough for me. So happy that I got switched to the parking lot, kinda.

24. US Camera

Yeah I mean it was rough but I worked the kitchen so I didn't have to deal with customers, but I think I still have grease burns on my arms

25. futures

LOVEEEEEEEE surf taco. Never been to the one in Jackson tho.

Escondido is really good. I lived in Englishtown for 3 years and frequented that place quite a bit. They had the sous chef from Hells Kitchen come in and revamp the whole restaurant. It became 100x better after that happened. My boyfriend recognized him one night when we were there. I didn't believe him, but he asked the hostess and she confirmed that it was him lol. Apparently he's from the area originally.

This is where I live (& grew up) :D

US Camera likes this.