Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Jersey Thread Location • Page 20

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kyle is hk, Apr 7, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

one cool thing about the show is we are playing the entire new record! which will definitely be something unique to that show.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

That's really cool! I really want to get there and I will do my best to try!

teebs41 likes this.
  3. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

St. Nate likes this.
  5. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

Anyone else going to see Foxing at the AP Brewery in two weeks? Soooo excited for it!

6. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Wellmont Theater are just giving away tickets for Broken Social Scene on Sunday. Got an email saying that I'm on their guest list. Probably poor ticket sales. That's Wrestlemania time, though.

7. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I'm real mad that the new Lanes are actually booking great shows, I'm quite conflicted

local_corn and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  8. Seeing all the punks on my Facebook feed spit game about how the new Lanes is a disaster immediately decide that the new Lanes is good when it’s annouced that Thursday is playing. Priceless.

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Great news: legislature just approved automatic voter registration.

10. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Saw Hodera today in Montclair. One of those town music festival events. Yes.

Zac Djamoos and teebs41 like this.
  11. Jim Morgan

Can't Hold Me Down Prestigious

Hey my fellow NJ residents!

I wanted to let you guys know about a show this Friday, June 29th happening in Raritan.

The View From Here (Current band featured on the site for the week) is releasing their EP, New Perspective, with a sick lineup of bands playing the release show, including Indighxst, Visenya, With Sails Ahead, and Ray Gun Tony.

There’s also a little contest going on for tickets to the show. Follow the band on Facebook (www.facebook.com/theviewfromherenj), Instagram (@theviewfromherenj), and/or Twitter (@tvfhnj) and shoot a message saying “I Wanna Go!” to the band to enter to win entry to the show for you and a friend for free! They’re selecting one winner from each of the social media outlets, so increase your odds by adding the band on all three social media outlets!

Hope to see you guys Friday!

teebs41 and marceting like this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

14. congruence

Got a light?

Digging up this thread to see if anyone still lives there and knows of any smaller sized venues to book a show for two New Wave/Melodic hip hop artists coming from MA? We are looking to set up a little tour so any help would be greatly appreciated!

15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Fuck Surf City.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Yeah they've also had the dress code policy. Place has always been a disappointment

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Honestly really cool how places like this are getting called out and receiving support, I have plenty of friends who live in JC, they will happily shout fuck this place from their rooftops. I'm going to show them right now.

Anthony_ and Fronnyfron like this.
  18. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

19. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

20. John Lopiano

I align with this. There’s nothing worse than the “I’m from Philly… actually I’m from Gloucester County but it’s BASICALLY Philly” Eagles fans. I knew so many of them in college (I went to Seton Hall) that it has scarred me for life.

theasteriskera likes this.
  21. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I have a coffee table book called "Speaking American" that uses maps to visualize where people have different names for similar things (e.g. referring to a sandwich as a sub vs a hoagie, yard sale vs garage sale vs tag sale, etc)... And almost every map shows a very clear North & South Jersey with blending in Central. It's so wild to have such vastly differing identities in such a small geographic area. This pic is how people pronounce cauliflower
    IMG-2269.jpg

John Lopiano and uuu like this.
  22. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

John Lopiano and theasteriskera like this.
  23. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Oh yeah, we're an odd breed.

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Moved to Austin a few months back after 35 years if jersey.

I miss pizza so fucking much

25. John Lopiano

Was it for the Daisy release? I still have videos of that somewhere.

uuu likes this.