Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Jersey Thread Location • Page 17

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kyle is hk, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Hey folks,

I'm heading to New York for a weekend to see Bruce Springsteen in October, and Against Me! is playing the Stone Pony the next night. How easy is it to get from Brooklyn to Asbury Park? My friends and I think it would be a blast to go to the show, is it worth making the trip for one day? We fly out of Newark the next day as well. Just trying to figure out if it's feasible/worth making that trek instead of staying in New York that Sunday. Thoughts/recommendations? Thanks!

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

You are essentially going from one side of New Jersey to the other so it's going to be quite a ride.

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Probably people more knowledgeable on this than me but I believe you can take a train from NYC to Long Branch then just uber t Asbury for a small trip.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Not really that far of a trip.

5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Well, no but he is going from one busy area to another so there is going to some major traffic to account for. I would personally google map it see how far apart they are and then add some time for traffic.

6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Pretty feasible tbh.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Thats why trains are still viable options these days my friend!

8. St. Nate

But if you want to have fun and explore the beautiful highways of New Jersey, you could drive it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  9. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yeah pretty sure you can take NJ Transit. Transfer at Long Branch I think. It's not bad at all. You can then take the train back to Newark airport if you want to stay there.

10. From Long Branch, now living right outside bushwick. It’s like 2-2.5 hours back for me. Alternatively, I’d recommend taking the sea streak ferry out of Manhattan to Atlantic highlands. It’s a 45 minute ride and a 20 minute Uber to AP. @Danny

Edit: 2 hours by train, I mean

jpmalone4 likes this.
  11. @ECV

The ferry seems like the way to go I think! Can I bother you/everyone else with the best way to get to the airport from Asbury? Flight leaves at like 11 on that Monday, gotta figure out how early we'll have to be up, ha.

I'm on the NJ Transit website and it looks like a train ride would be about 100 minutes/$18 which isn't too bad.

12. Definitely NJ transit. It stops directly at Newark Airport and it's cheaper than Uber, plus you don't have to worry about traffic.

13. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Make sure you know the train schedule, last time I was at the pony I had to run like a mile back to the train in the middle of the headlining to insure I didn't miss the last one.

14. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Best taco joint in Jersey. (Need help my gal and I really want to expand from stupid Surf Taco)

15. marceting

Trusted

I like Tacoria in Montclair. Think there's one in New Brunswick too.

Michael Qualiano likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Taqueria Downtown in Jersey City is the GOAT. For something local to the shore area, check out La Tapatia in Asbury Park, that place is legit.

jpmalone4 and Michael Qualiano like this.
  17. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Thank You sir! I work at Monmouth so I'll likely be going here next week. I'll let you know what I think!

Miss Heartcore and Anthony_ like this.
  18. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

I'll be in Montclair tomorrow to see Lady Bird. I should probably stop here first!

marceting likes this.
  19. Anthony_

I graduated from Monmouth, actually. What do you do there?

20. St. Nate

I'll second Taqueria.

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

I work in Admission!

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Mogo Korean tacos in Asbury Park :ok:

Anthony_ likes this.
  23. marceting

Trusted

That Bow Tie Clairidge Cinemas is like all A24 movies - so great. One of the only theatre's in Jersey showing these indie films 24/7. (There's another in downtown Montclair as well)

Anthony_ likes this.
  24. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

hellooooo fellow monmouth alumni - i used to be a student ambassador. did you guys go to homecoming?

25. Anthony_

I did not. And I was on the football team when I was there too so I’m a bad alum lol