Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Interview With The Menzingers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Greg Barnett of The Menzingers talked with Atwood Magazine about the band’s upcoming album:

Absolutely. I don’t think in this kind of climate, you can not go full in with it. I think we’d be doing a disservice to the song and how we all feel if we didn’t fully go in and make a statement. That was one of the most difficult parts of writing that songs. I wrote like 20 verses-I can’t even count. We wrote them over and over again, because it’s hard to say everything you want to say in three and a half minutes. It’s really tricky. I wanted to stay on theme of who I am as a person. I didn’t want it to come off as pretentious. I wanted it to feel how I typically write songs. It was a challenge to hone in the lyrics to a way that I felt comfortable with and happy with and said as much as I wanted to say. At the end, I was really happy.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Not a big fan of the interviewer's text being centered while Menzinger's text is aligned left. I do sincerely apologize for typing this and putting it out into the world. Had to be done.

3. jeff.dart

Regular

Really can’t wait for this album

4. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I'm so friggin excited for Hello Exile...super high hopes for this one, and the singles have been incredible.

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Yep, so excited. Love the first three songs released. Sometimes I don’t like to listen to too many songs in advance of a release. With Hello Exile I did, and I’ve felt like I’ve had time with each song to get to know a new friend.