Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Interview With Bob Dylan

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bob Dylan did a wide spanning interview with Bill Flanagan for his website:

My voice cracking here and there wouldn’t bother me, bum notes or wrong chords would bother me more. On “September of My Years,” I didn’t fix anything. That would be impossible to pull off anyway because we were all in the same room playing together at the same time and there was a lot of leakage into other mics. You only fix things if you overdub the vocals separately and we didn’t do that here. If you mangle a lyric on records like this, you have to go back and start over. It’s a live recording. My voice cracking here or there just might mean it was recorded too early in the day, but it doesn’t hurt the overall effect, it wouldn’t bother me.

2. john343

My favorite part: "You start out wondering why you bought those blue pajamas and later you’re wondering why you were born."

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Can't wait to delve in. My favorite artist of all time.

4. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

His interviews are always hard for me to read. I'd think that many of his responses are cuz of "grumpy old man syndrome" but it's just bob being quaint with his answers. interesting read, and got me listening to sarah vaughan for the day it seems..