Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Hayley Williams Interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Cariann Bradley, writing at L’odet:

I told Zac that if all three of us feel good about it, we do it. In moving forward, if the three of us are happy, then we will just do whatever we want to do. If that means collaborating with each other, bringing other friends in to collaborate — there are seven band members when we tour. We’re all friends and we all make music in different parts, together. So I feel like, yes, I want to be in Paramore. I never want to have to put out a press release that says we’re over or that I quit or that we’re taking a hiatus, which is essentially a marketing ploy these days. I would rather it just be. It just is a part of each of our DNA. If we choose to move into it as a brand and put a name on these songs and make a new t-shirt, then awesome. But I’ve been in a band with them since I was 12; I don’t think the band is going anywhere. As long as we’re friends, the band just is. It’s just in us.

This whole interview is fantastic.

summertimejesus likes this.
  2. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Excellent interview, you can tell Hayley felt comfortable. It's just lovely to hear her speak from the heart and not have to worry about people misconstruing/twisting what she says. Girl deserves the damn world.

3. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Oof. I felt that one right in my sternum.

K0ta and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I still can't help but wonder if Josh will ever rejoin... his brother is there but yet his impact is such an understatement.. Brand New Eyes was his damn masterpiece with guitar parts. (Unless i'm wrong but I thought he wrote and recorded all the guitar and bass parts at the time?)

AllenRicketts likes this.
  5. DandonTRJ Mar 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2019)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Josh's absence was incredibly evident on the self-titled -- the strength of the compositions on that record is jarringly inconsistent. I think they got it together songwriting-wise on After Laughter, but it essentially required jettisoning the old style that Paramore had perfected over their first three albums. As well as the new sound fits them, I can't deny how much I miss Josh's riffs. I'd love if they ever buried the hatchet enough to bring him back as a writer, but I don't know if either side really wants it.

6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Josh’s homophobic Trump voting butt can stay out of the band where it belongs.

Loved this interview so much and so much of it resonated with me. I’d like to add Hayley to the list of female musicians we need to give a sword.

7. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Is he? That's a shame.

summertimejesus likes this.
  8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Josh was awful to Hayley when he left (read the letter) and yes I echo the sentiments of @personalmaps about it.

9. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

I just can’t believe she is 30 years old now. Glad she’s still pushing along.