Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Girl (FOX) TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

What the

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

OH MY GOD

3. Garrett

PRANK SINATRA

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Winston was right, this WAS a two-man job

irthesteve likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Danbill it sounds like a weird town in Connecticut
    I don't know what a succulent is
    it's my time to nurse the baby, its a whole thing
    you know who else liked balconies Hitler
    you sweet goblin eyed dum dum
    you said it was one of your top 5 boners, you used to rank them
    True American!
    Prank Sinatra baby
    Sadie!
    Fawn!

6. Garrett

I’m gonna miss them all so much.

Nyquist likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

That was so good

Nyquist likes this.
  8. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

damn

the 45 seconds of recalling the greatest tv ending oat holy fuck

Nyquist likes this.
  9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I am so happy they ended with that song. They played “Until We Get There” by Lucius in the second season on Winston’s birthday episode. Nick wanted to make Jess breakfast in bed that morning, but her father interrupted. Then he told Nick he’d never be good enough for her and the episode ended with them all heading up to the roof to celebrate while Nick looked uncertain about the future.

That was always one of my favorite songs they ever used and they brought it back with the acoustic version here at the end when they’re all driving away together and we know they’ll be okay. Lovely.

10. Was this the last episode tonight? I’m not up to date on this season

11. Nyquist

Yep, tonight was the last two final episodes.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  12. Nyquist

This show has really meant a lot to me and came along during a profound period of change in my life. I’m so happy to have had it.

Season one - got engaged and then married to my wife by the end of the season.

Season two - When Jess struggled to figure out where she was supposed to go in her career, I did too. By the end of that season I had a new job that was a big stepping stone for me in my field.

Season three - Because of that job I started getting work on bigger and better projects and by the end of that season I was preparing to move on to something even better.

Season four - My wife and I decided we were ready to try to get pregnant and near the end of that season, I found out I was going to be a dad.

Season five - My son was born and I started working on a friend’s independent film as a Producer and AD.

Season six - that film was completed and started getting picked up by festivals which led to me landing an internship at an agency. My wife and I decided to try for a second child.

Season seven - The series wraps up as my wife and I are literally one week away from moving into our first house. We watched them pack up the loft as we were surrounded by boxes in our apartment living room. I am a month and a half away from having a little girl and tonight my nephew was born right as the episode was wrapping up.

I am feeling wistful as hell.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

WOW. Congrats on everything, Tim. All the best for the whole family

Garrett L. and Nyquist like this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's definitely been amazing watch this show and Brooklyn Nine-Nine transform from starring vehicles for their leads, Zooey and Andy, to such great ensembles
    also there was no better way to end this show than with a needlessly convoluted and random Winny Bish prank

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That has to be one of the better endings to a sitcom. I love all the call backs. The scene with the flash forward with all the kids running around playing root beer true American was great.
    Also Ruth has to be the best use of characters having a kid I've ever seen. She actually added to the scenes she was in.

Really I just think it all ended great and I'm so happy we got this last mini season to say goodbye to these characters. It really had a great run.

16. jjnunn118 May 15, 2018
    (Last edited: May 15, 2018)
    jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

OH MY GOD WINSTON BISHOP SEALING HIS PLACE AS GOAT SITCOM CHARACTER WITH THAT PRANK

Edit: Dan Bill

ChaseTx, CarpetElf, Nyquist and 3 others like this.
  17. Pseudo!

Regular

Holy shit tran. "Drive."

I'm gonna miss this show

18. Dan Bill fucking killed me

The flash forward scene had me tearing up. Finale was perfect.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I forgot about Tran speaking for the first time! I'm gonna miss this show, but also I think this had the perfect run

Nyquist likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, this show basically couldn't have ended any better. Last episode was the perfect mix of being hilarious (probably the funniest of the season) and just the right amount of heart without being too sappy, which is a bit surprising because this show has gone over-the-top sappy multiple times lol

I wouldn't call this one of my favorite shows of all time or anything but I'm really going to miss it and this cast/these characters. It had a great run

trevorshmevor and Nyquist like this.
  21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Perfect ending. Gonna miss this show

Nyquist likes this.
  22. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

:verysad::crylaugh::verysad::crylaugh:

Nyquist likes this.
  23. Nyquist May 16, 2018
    (Last edited: May 16, 2018)
    Nyquist

He did actually get one throwaway line the first time we met him, but it’s easy to miss because every subsequent visit from Tran centers around the fact that he never says anything. You can hear him call Nick “a huge baby” while he’s cradling him in the pool. It’s around 2:28 into this video:

With that said, I love that Tran gets one last line and his final act is an ominous overprotection of Nick.

24. Nyquist

Just going to leave this here. Love it so much.

Edit: And watching it closely this time, I hear that Cece and Schmidt named their son Moses. Perfect lol.

25. That clip doesn’t sorta cuts it off, but there was such a long pause after they’re all like “yeah, let’s go” that it had me thinking the episode was just about to end right then and there

Kingjohn_654 and Nyquist like this.