Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Girl (FOX) TV Show • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Eight is such a weird number to land on.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Gonna trust they know what they're doing here

3. Nyquist May 14, 2017
    (Last edited: May 14, 2017)
    Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Definitely strange to go from 20+ episode seasons every year to one last very abbreviated season, but at least we get some finality and it will certainly be tight. Makes me wonder if they'll go all in with the time jump as was suggested by producers. This last condensed season could act as more of an epilogue as a result.

4. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Weird, but I'll take what I can get.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Zooey just had a baby and Jake's in The Mummy so it makes sense

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

One of those articles said it was fox's highest rated live action comedy for its entire run. Even if those numbers are poor compared to other networks, does that not seem like an odd choice to pull the plug on?

Also, I'm not much of a tv buff; any suggestions for other shows like this or HIMYM that look to have bright futures?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Definitely saw the final season thing coming but expected more episodes. Still glad to hear they'll be able to end on their terms

8. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Modern Family is my favorite sitcom that is going - it's just been renewed for its 9th and 10th seasons, which was great news!

js977 likes this.
  9. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Need to catch up with season 5 and 6. Sad it's ending with 7 and only 8 episodes.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

js977 likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Sounds like Parks & Rec...

Glad they're ending it how they want though

RobbieBerns likes this.
  12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I'm usually not into time jumps, parks did it well, but it's so easy to fuck up

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

"I can do anything I put my mind to. I once figured out Alyssa Milano's phone number just by randomly guessing numbers."

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Kingjohn_654, js977 and chewbacca110 like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Contender, mad, js977 and 1 other person like this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

mad likes this.
  17. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Started this in September and just finished this week. I can't believe I avoided it for so long, it's fucking hilarious. Funny to me now reading up online people's reactions from over the years; I really didn't enjoy Megan Fox at first in those episodes where she replaced Jess. I also pretty much never liked Robbie at all which seems relatively divisive. And it took a few episodes for him to fit, but I loved Coach so much.

Jess falling down with the huge backpack is the funniest moment of the whole series.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. i rewatch this show when i can't sleep haha.

one of my favorite jokes last season was Winston practicing his welcome to Reagan: "As I live and breathe, Raisin!"

Kingjohn_654 and smoke4thecaper like this.
  19. Deathco_019

Drummer

My favorite Winston moment from last season was in the premiere when Jess told him she likes Nick again and he goes "Ohhhh," "OHHHHH."

Pretty sure I was in tears over that

Surfwax likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Robbie definitely sucks

Surfwax likes this.
  21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

My favorite joke is when Coach is trying to get Nick to work out and Schmidt calls them because he's moved into the apartment across the hall. Winston is telling Schmidt how bad it's going, he says "Nick's in jeans!" And Schmidt goes "What's Nixon jeans? They sound really cool."

chewbacca110, mad and js977 like this.
  22. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

where the hell is this

js977 and jordalsh like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There's only 8 episodes in the final season so I wouldn't be surprised if they burn it off in the spring

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wait the final season is only 8 episodes?? Damn Fox tell us how you really feel.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel like I remember it being Liz's idea for a shortened season,at the very least I know they get to end it on their terms which is nice

Kingjohn_654 and SteveLikesMusic like this.