Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Girl (FOX) TV Show • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Pseudo!

Regular

Nooooo I'm not ready

2. It sounds more like the ratings aren't good and the network hasn't announced a renewal yet

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  3. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Bummed if true. Been watching faithfully from the beginning. Figured in my head they could stretch it out over two more seasons at most. I was thinking they were doing that thing that other shows do where person A (Jess this season) pines secretly over person B (Nick) until the finale. By that point person A has happily moved on to a new love interest just in time for person B's current romantic entanglement to fall apart upon realizing their love for person A, but it's too late because now person A is in a new healthy relationship. Then the next season person B secretly pines over person A until all is finally revealed and they get back together. It would irritate a lot of people, but it's familiar.

I also thought, since season five revolved around Cece and Schmidt prepping for the wedding while this season revolves around them prepping the new house, season seven would be about them trying to get pregnant. End of season seven they get pregnant and then all of season eight is about prepping for baby Schmidt until the finale when the baby is born and everyone comes together one last time for the birth of a new life before they all move on in their own direction. Cece and Schmidt start a new family, Nick and Jess maybe move somewhere together, Winston and Aly maybe move somewhere together, etc. I don't know. If this season is really it then I hope the finale is at least satisfying.

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Jake did clarify his comments a little, sounds like it's 50/50

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Still wouldn't be surprised if we see an announcement that they've been renewed for one final season

Definitely don't see it going past that though

6. irthesteve

If it's truly 50/50, then a final season would make a ton of sense at this point. We've seen it a lot lately, especially with comedies, to be given a final season instead of straight up cancelled. Even if it's half the episode count.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  7. Deathco_019

Drummer

It'd seem strange to see Fox just cancel this show after six seasons without giving them a proper sendoff. A young comedy, sure I understand, but here they have a show that's been integral to their comedy programming for years now. Even if it's just am abbreviated season, I imagine they have to give New Girl something

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

"Repeat, John Doe has the upper hand."

Winston nailed it. Played it back like 10x.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Winston Schmidt

10. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Holy shit.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Schmidt's first name!

she was always in productions of Annie but never played Annie

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I've been waiting for this day forever.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Black Winston Jew Winston problematic
    Hot Winston Ugly Winston that got hurtful

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Winston St. Marie Schmidt

Garrett L. likes this.
  15. Garrett

I do not accept your weird ass premise man

16. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

He looks like the only white waiter at a Chinese restaurant

17. irthesteve

This was a hilarious episode and had solid plot movement

18. alextisonfire

https://soundcloud.com/beerherepodcast Supporter

Please someone help me out here because I'm having trouble suspending my disbelief - so far on day one of Jess being principal she showed up likely still intoxicated and sleep deprived. She then left for Portland unexpectedly for I don't know how long. Like was that a weekend, a week, a couple of weeks? How is she still gainfully employed?

Good episode though and I will be super sad to see this show go if this is the last season.

19. Deathco_019

Drummer

"Lemme ask you something. You're in the ocean, with Jess, and a shark starts heading towards you. What do you do?"

"Which ocean?"

Nick fucking killed me in this episode.

stayillogical and jordalsh like this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Loved this episode. I think a great perk of another season would be getting more time with Allie too

RJ Knorr and jordalsh like this.
  21. Garrett

She was great this episode

22. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah she really was. She's been pretty great most of the time anyway. Happy that they gave her more to do last season and have stuck with it

RobbieBerns and js977 like this.
  23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Also sad to see Reagan go. Ended up liking her more than I expected to.

24. I need one more season, I'm not ready!!!!

Garrett L. and Deathco_019 like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm gonna guess this gets renewed for a shorter, final season

Hopefully with Nasim promoted to a regular since her FOX pilot fell through