Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Girl (FOX) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Deathco_019

Drummer

"New Girl is an American sitcom television series that premiered on Fox on September 20, 2011. Developed by Elizabeth Meriwether under the working title Chicks & Dicks, the series revolves around offbeat teacher Jess (Zooey Deschanel) after she moves into an L.A. loft with three men, Nick (Jake Johnson), Schmidt (Max Greenfield), and Winston (Lamorne Morris); Jess' best friend Cece (Hannah Simone) and old-turned-new loftmate Coach (Damon Wayans, Jr.) also appear regularly. The show combines comedy and drama elements as the characters, who are in their early thirties, deal with maturing relationships and career choices. The series' fourth season premiered on September 16, 2014. The series was renewed for a fifth season on March 31, 2015. The fifth season premiered on January 5, 2016."

This show needs a thread because season five has been absolutely on fire so far.

[​IMG]

Brucy likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Season totally is on FIRE, been so fun all season

3. Deathco_019

Drummer

This has definitely become one of my favorite shows again. I was worried after season three, but season four brought it back into my good graces. Then I had slight worries again because I was wondering if it's begin to show signs of ageing and fall in quality again, but it's been incredible so far. Really happy with how it's been for the first I guess nearly half of the season.

4. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Love this show, and Zooey's maternity leave has really let the other characters shine

5. Deathco_019

Drummer

I agree. Definitely don't think her brief leave indicated how much this show is better without her, rather showed just how great this cast of characters are.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Nick and Winston have gone to another level this season and I love it.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  7. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

I miss Megan already. Any confirmation on her coming back this season?

8. irthesteve

Haven't seen any, but I am sure she'll be back in some capacity. Hell, with the way Coach was back for a season I could totally see them bringing Raegan as a full cast member next season. Probably not, but crazier things have happened

9. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'd love to see her back. Idk of they were trying to hint at things slowly heating back up between Nick and Jess, but if they do I could see her coming back and growing a wrench into things.

Also, Sam (the guy Jess dated back in season two before Nick) is coming back this season for an episode.

10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

This season has been great.

It was really bumming me out to see so many people trashing Zooey in the thread on AP, though.

11. irthesteve

Agreed, really over the top

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I love Zooey as much as I love everyone in this cast. Bringing her back ruined nothing. People are crazy.

morgantayler likes this.
  13. Deathco_019

Drummer

It was making me feel a little uncomfortable that people started doing that within just one or two episodes. And then, of course, the episode she comes back someone was like "Least favorite in a while" specifically stating Jess as the reason.

It's really weird that people wanna dump on Jess being in the show yet she was a huge part of the reason people loved season two, which is probably the best season until now (but we'll see how this one plays out).

morgantayler likes this.
  14. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Jess was really funny in this week's episode wtf

15. Deathco_019

Drummer

Excited to finally be able to watch an episode this season live for once.

16. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

St. Nate and Ryan Dennehy like this.
  17. irthesteve

I like this

18. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Any news on a renewal? Both The Last Man On Earth and B99 were renewed today. Hope that doesn't mean bad news for New Girl.

19. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'd be surprised if this got axed after this season. I imagine it'll get one or two more seasons.

20. irthesteve

It's gotta get renewed

21. Deathco_019

Drummer

I honestly wonder how long they'll keep B99 going actually.

22. Deathco_019

Drummer

Started my rewatch if this show. It's been three years since I've watched season one and I forgot how painfully mediocre the first 1/3 of the season is.

23. phaynes1

Regular

Is it not doing well?

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

It's been bringing in only about two million viewers this season so far. I just think it'd be strange, from a creative standpoint, if this were to get cancelled after Schmidt and Cece's wedding, which I'm assuming is the season finale.

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely seems small viewer wise, but it's still their top-rated comedy for Tuesday night. Imagine it would at least get one more season, if not more.