Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Ghostbusters Movie Coming in 2020 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Glad to hear I'm definitely not the only person who didn't utterly loathe that film and could see something vaguely positive.

As for Leslie Jones's tweet, I'm just gonna say not my lane so I can't really give perspective there. She's coming at this from a view I can't really understand as a white dude.

Jonathan likes this.
  2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Not nearly as bad as butt-hurt dudes made it seem on the net. Many of those folks were rooting for its failure ever since it was announced, though.

I definitely agree about the tweet, I'm in the same boat as a straight white dude obviously. That said, I guess it just felt…a little odd, if that makes sense? To refer to this film as a "redo" considering it's a continuation of the original and hers was the reboot. It's not like her version was shelved and never saw the light of day. Granted, I don't know if her tweet was in response to something toxic (can't see?) and I know how nasty people have been to her on Twitter.

All that said, I've read that GB3 may be a passing of the torch film (to children, 2 boys and 2 girls) so I'm intrigued to see where this goes. Fingers crossed at least one of those kids is from Stranger Things.

Dust Of Fallen Rome likes this.
  3. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I completely agree. Those dudes were foul. As cliched as it sounds; this is why we can't have nice things.

And yeah that makes sense, I felt that a bit; it's not a direct sequel so I don't get how the two are related. I guess it's probably more just a combination of feeling the sting of countless people rooting for her to fail, the film actually failing and now seeing they're going to go back to the original continuity and avoid the reboot universe. That would be pretty crushing to be honest.

Well shit, colour me intrigued haha. And I love the idea of one of the Stranger Things kids but please, not that Finn kid, he's had his turn with It... I want Dustin or Eleven in it, or both!

Jonathan likes this.
  4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Yeah I fully agree with everything you said. I'd be crushed if I were her/Feig/that cast/crew as well. It just seems like business as usual in Hollywood (unfortunately.) Feig's quoted as saying he's "open" to the new movie (although "open" was probably the least enthusiastic, passable excuse for support he could muster, understandably so.)

5. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Ghostbusters 3 with the Extreme Ghostbusters cast. Let's do it. Passing down the torch.

6. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Too true. It's not like Hollywood has ever been a fair of righteous place hey.

Jonathan likes this.
  7. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I could get behind this.

Jonathan likes this.
  8. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Why would they be 'crushed' when they were guilty of being part of a reboot that potentially ruined the prospect of Ghostbusters 3 for original fans in the first place. Especially as GB3 was green-lit by the studio years ago before Harold Ramis got sick/died.

If the reboot was a sequel then maybe the characters could have returned but instead they risked a reboot so now they're in a separate universe. The director said that himself. The film made a loss so there's no surprise Sony didn't clamour for a sequel.

If anything, this means any haters for the 2016 reboot can get over it and just view that film as its own spin-off. Sounds like a win-win for everyone to me.

Jonathan likes this.