Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Ghostbusters Movie Coming in 2020

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Raku likes this.
  2. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Bummer this won’t be a sequel to the 2016 film, but you can bet I’ll still be in the theatre for it

3. All Systems Goku

Thank the Gods, old and new, that this isn't a sequel to the reboot. Sooo hype.

Raku and emeryk3 like this.
  4. Analog Drummer

Regular

I’m gonna have to agree with comment two. Not bummed out it won’t be a sequel to 2016. Dead lord I did not enjoy that film. Give Hemsworth a full role

All Systems Goku, Raku and emeryk3 like this.
  5. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Eh 2016 version is great. The hate is overblown

6. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I just checked Hulu, the reboot is on there so maybe I'll kill some time and check it out. I remember being excited because of the cast and then the trailer/commercials didn't make it look that great at all.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’m am so amped for this

Raku likes this.
  8. Drew Baldy

Trusted

As a huge ghostbusters fan I’m excited for this. However, I probably would have been just as excited for a sequel to the reboot.

Connor and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. Landrick Robert

Stay Gold

Why?

10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Female reboot or gtfo

Connor likes this.
  11. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Not got much expectations for it anymore but glaf it's focused on the original Ghostbusters. I've missed Bill Murray. Then I can pretend that 2016 reboot was just a bad dream.

Raku likes this.
  12. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Why do people like to act like the 2016 one was so bad?

13. Girls and sjws and Gillette razors or something.

14. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

The 2016 reboot can maybe compete with Ghostbusters 2 but not even close to the original. Reboots of classic films are often controversial from the get-go anyway.

Also realy hope they contact Rick Moranis and can convince him to return, even just for a small cameo.

Raku likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Echoing the "I'll see it/wish the last reboot had a sequel" posts

16. DooDooBird

Trusted

If this is titled anything other than "Ghostbusters 3", I feel like that would be a mistake.

Also, I would use the score from the original movie in this new movie. The little teaser trailer alone is great because of it.

Connor and Raku like this.
  17. inagreendase

I haven't seen the reboot and while I'm sure it ain't all that great, just...don't read the comments. :teethsmile:

18. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Honestly, the more I've had time to sit back and absorb this I'm starting to think it was a bad idea. As much as I've always wanted a new Ghostbusters movie with original characters back I think it's just been tainted. Honestly, to me, it feels like the internet trolls won and Sony is just pandering to them with this movie.

Don't get me wrong, I'll see this without a doubt, but I really truly wish people were just better and would have understood that it was possible to enjoy the original movie and enjoy the remake/reboot for what it was. Also, I almost wish that the two universes were connected because I enjoyed the new cast just about as much as I enjoyed the original cast.

And it was nice to see my daughter get excited for a franchise, that she already had a love for, portrayed by women instead of a bunch of dudes.

Aaron Mook and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  19. somethingwitty

Trusted

I thought the reboot was actually pretty funny. The only thing that really turned me off was the very "bright" CGI that was used. Would've preferred they gave the ghosts a more creepy look to them.

Connor likes this.
  20. red8ge

Regular

wanted the reboot to win but i thought it was pretty bad and cringeworthy. i think this franchise should just stay dead

Analog Drummer likes this.
  21. Tom Ed

Bearing the Ghostbusters name, it didn’t come close to the level of comedy writing of the original two, especially the first one. Hemsworth played the dumb blonde role which was done great in “Game Night” but here we’re led to believe he’s so dumb that he wears lensless glasses. It just felt like it was aiming for 7 year old childrens comedy. It winked too much to the originals too instead of being its own thing. I thought it could be entertaining but it failed left and right for me.

22. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I'll echo what some other folks have said here/elsewhere – we don't really *need* a Ghostbusters 3. Just let it all be! I'm glad they tried the reboot with such a great cast (which I'll check out this weekend), but generally sequels to originals are awful and I don't doubt this will be the exception, especially after so long. Even with a good director.

Will I see it? Probably. Am I excited? Not really. Just my two cents. ❤️

23. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I will watch this because it's Ghostbusters. Simple as that.

I will say this though, the reboot had it's good moments - it just did not live up at all to what it could've been given who was involved. But really, it didn't merit the sheer mass of hatred it got, aside from the racist-as-fuck Leslie Jones character.

RobJGolde likes this.
  24. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Took the words right out of my mouth. The level of hatred was absolutely ridiculous. Was it an overall good movie? No. But that’s not that fault of the cast. They’re all extremely talented and did the best they could with what they were given. It just wasn’t a well written or directed movie IMO. I’m excited to see what happens with this version though.

25. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Finally watched the new Ghostbusters… kinda meh. Not as awful as some made it out to be, but nothing incredible either. Paul Feig is so hit or miss for me. LOVED Bridesmaids, hated Spy (which critics enjoyed.)

All that said, this feels like a bad take.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 5.02.23 PM.png