Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 73

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. gbuffers

England.

Used to be the same and that’s the exact reason I stopped. It doesn’t feel very NFG.

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Reiterating my love for Radiosurgery and disagree with it being bad.

Extremely underrated imo and honestly probably their catchiest album in the last 10 years

3. The flu is catchy. Catchy doesn’t equal good. Ha

Makes Me Sick is good AND catchy

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

I agree about Makes Me Sick. I also think Radiosurgery is both too though and gets too much shit

5. “I’m the One” is fantastic. I’ll give it that.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like Makes Me Sick a lot, but for some reason the guitar tones hurt my ears. A little too trebly and bright for my taste.

Sound of a two Voices and Happy Being Miserable still slap. HBM is probably their best music video. Love me some Stand By Me.

7. Preparing to sell my (unopened) NFG Christmas cassette tape. PM me if interested

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

marceting and pbueddi like this.
  9. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

9270B3C4-63FF-4BB8-B296-2F01E729BF29.jpeg

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

bobby_runs likes this.
  11. Jackbo487

Regular

I love this version of It Never Slows in Florida, could take a whole album of older songs redone that way imo

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Same.
    I actually like how this album isn't that typical pop punk NFG sound. It's still NFG, but also is mellow and non aggressive. I can actually throw this on a holiday playlist for Xmas Eve and not have my older family members turning heads lol

bradsonemanband, Jackbo487 and .K. like this.
  13. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

I love Christmas music and I love New Found Glory so I was really looking forward to this. Other than a few songs (the reworked version of INSIF is so good) I find most of this pretty unenjoyable which is really disappointing. Oh well.

14. gbuffers

England.

Initial thoughts are… I dig it for the most part.

The new version of Nothing For Christmas is great, not sure Snow is an improvement for me but not bad. December’s Here and Don’t Fight It’s Christmas are the standouts for me from the new songs but a lot of these songs will be on rotation in my Christmas playlist from now on. Like the new version of Florida as well - as others have said I’d be interested in hearing a few more reworks like this.

The only thing I can’t abide so far is the line “I’ve never seen one this skinny before” on For Christmas Sake. It has derailed the whole song for me haha

15. marceting

Trusted

It literally sounds like they took more time/effort on this than Forever & Ever x Infinity.

16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Anyone get notification of their vinyl shipping yet?

17. gbuffers

England.

Nothing yet, annoyingly. Think it’s going to end up being put away for next year’s Christmas.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This Xmas album is pretty awesome, but partly annoying bc it shows these guys can do something different, yet they resort back to their hardcore pop punk sound for their main albums.

this Xmas album, the infinity beyond EP, and FTSTYS3 are fantastic. Time to hunker down and put out a new era of NFG!

19. BlackwingE

Trusted

Give us Coming Home 2!

20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Or at least another more mature album!

bobby_runs likes this.
  21. Jackbo487

Regular

this thread and seeing NFG post Instagram photos of the vinyl inspired me to email Hopeless about my preorder, the reply today (which sounds like it was delayed without any announcement of such a delay):

They should be here later this week and we will ship immediately!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

That’s pretty disappointing. They’ve been sitting on this stuff for over a year and couldn’t get it pressed until very recently?

23. Colby Searcy

What about the CD?

24. Got an email this morning saying my record's shipped

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

To my surprise, this xmas album has been in steady rotation. I like the vibe a lot.

bradsonemanband likes this.