Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 72

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

Coming Home still deserve a lot of the love it gets? (Personally, I still think so)

Brent and .K. like this.
  2. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Your Jokes Aren't Funny, Happy Being Miserable, Ready and Willing II, Vicious Love, Persistent, On My Own are stand outs for me from Resurrection and Makes Me Sick.

Forever is just unlistenable to me.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Stubborn on Resurrection is great too. I think three or four songs on that are great, unfortunately the rest are that bad

I could easily never listen to Forever again

Colby Searcy and pbueddi like this.
  4. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I really like the music on Forever, and the bonus tracks are great. I get why people may not like Forever but dang they can still write catchy/hooky songs.

5. 333 GANG

ACAB

I actually think Forever is completely lacking in hooks compared to a typical NFG record. The weird vocal melodies Jordan has built a habit of using (trying to cram too many words into lines and so on) completely kill what might have been hooky choruses or whatever for me.

And that’s completely ignoring how truly terrible the lyrics themselves mostly are

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Forever is anti-catchy.

7. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

"Ready And Willing" is still one of their best songs.

8. is that on Resurrection? I couldn't get through the album and had to move on. :-/

9. Phil507

Yeah and I can't recount much on that album either. I fell off after Radiosurgery.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Phil507

REAL TALK: In 2011 as a guy in his late 20's, I enjoyed Simple Plan's "Get Your Heart On" much more than RadioSurgery.

11. pbueddi

Trusted

I’d probably give it a slight edge as well.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  12. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

People hum along to different things *shrug

Analog Drummer and marchofmarty like this.
  13. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Is this the Self Against City thread? :heart:

marceting and Brent like this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

I definitely enjoy Forever & Ever way more than everyone else haha. Still at the bottom of my rankings, but I'd take that album over Radiosurgery or Resurrection any day.

15. Shouldn’t to define something as “catchy” there kinda be at least a medium level of people humming to it though? If it’s three people humming to an atonal drone I’m not calling it catchy :-p

mmhmm likes this.
  16. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Hey there's at least three of us! ;)

Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I like the version of it with all of the guest vocals.

Analog Drummer, 333 GANG and pbueddi like this.
  18. DannyZach

Trusted

This

.K. likes this.
  19. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yeah, I prefer this version of it as well. Really cool song

20. tomtom94

Trusted

I liked Resurrection at the time but I don't really find I come back to it. It also started their trend of lyrics that make them sound like crotchety old men which popped up in Makes Me Sick as well. (Ironic, given the opener says they made a pledge to "never grow up a bitter dinosaur")

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

22. Jackbo487

Regular

NFG has a knack for putting limited press-type LPs on sale and then a few days later having some new version/thing to buy that you would have easily grabbed the first time. Can't blame 'em, good business!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. gbuffers

England.

It’s true. Good business but not the best thank you to those fans that rush out and get it. I snagged the red and green pinwheel but probably would have got the candy cane. Not that it’s a big deal but to some I’d imagine it would be.

24. Jackbo487

Regular

exact same boat here re: swirl vs. candy cane

25. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

I collect New Found Glory variants on vinyl (have everything but the orange ftstys, sick brag I know) and they have been pretty obnoxious with pressings and bundles and everything these past few releases.