Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Kuri44

Sticks and Stones is my favorite and I would say it's their best effort. Don't understand the love for Coming Home. Coming Home is a lot like MCS' GO. I enjoyed it and it's a nice addition to the discography, but it's not what NFG excels at and not what I want every time I listen to NFG.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Vicious Love alone takes a full star off whatever rating I would give it. Those lyrics are embarrassing. Still think Selfless, Ready and Willing, Stubborn and Angel are the best songs they've done in years. I can listen to it and enjoy it every now and then but in the context of their discography about two stars sounds fine to me lol.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, here's how I'd break it down.

Good:

Ready and Willing
    Persistent

OK:

Selfless
    Resurrection
    The Worst Person
    One More Round

Bad:

Stories of a Different Kind
    Degenerate
    Angel

Terrible:

Vicious Love
    Stubborn
    Living Hell
    On My Own

So, would've made an okay EP, if the production were listenable.

4. I always have a hard time deciding which album is my favorite. Self Titled or Not Without A Fight.

I think ST is mainly just nostalgic. I listen to NWAF the most regularly though.

kyle likes this.
  5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

What is this bands plan for this year? I didn't love resurrection but holy hell was it a vast improvement over radio.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I think this is the first negative opinion I've seen of Stubborn.

I hate Stories Of A Different Kind so much. I forgot about that song. It's just as generic a song as they can make.

7. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Vicious Love is a jam. Yeah the lyrics bring it down a bit but the actual song is great. Don't understand the hate. Would have loved to hear Kacey Musgraves on it. Hope they get her on the new record.

Angel isn't bad either. But that Might because it reminds me of Coming Home. I do think it missed the mark on hitting that magic but I get what they were going for.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Why would they get kacey musgraves?

9. bobby_runs

They're fans of each other. A few years ago she tweeted out a pic of her crowd surfing during an NFG Warped set

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  10. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

They were originally gonna get her on Vicious Love before Hayley asked if she could do the vocals instead. Not really sure which I would have preferred but definitely hope they do something with Kacey in the future.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  11. You and I may be the only ones on this site with that opinion about NWAF.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. TFT87

Regular

I think Catalyst is 1 and NWAF is 2. I can't figure out why people like Coming Home so much, it's so boring to me.

13. Haha I forgot all about that Vicious Love tidbit. Whole thing was weird. Really sounded like Hayley just kinda butted her way onto the track. Don't care either way, no guest vocalist in the world could save that garbage song.

slimfenix182 and FTank like this.
  14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Didn't know that. I would be down for an nfg/kacey musgraves collab track

15. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I'm one of the few who thinks Radiosurgery is one of their best albums, don't understand how that album doesn't click with the majority of you. Stuff like Drill It In My Brain and I'm Not The One are some of NFG's best songs. It was the first NFG album I heard as a whole after previously only listening to some of their first singles, so maybe I just don't have the nostalgia connection you guys do to their earlier records.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I honestly love Radiosurgery

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  17. bobby_runs

I wont argue with "I'm Not the One" being their best. Sounds like it would have fit on S/T. Glad they busted it out on that albums tour.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Ready Aim Fire is like top 5 catchiest songs they've ever written

19. TheJMan

Trusted

Looks like NFG is back in the studio doing pre-production on their next album.

marceting, bradsonemanband and Fox83 like this.
  20. Fox83

Trusted

I felt the need to chime in here to support Coming Home. I love that album. I would expect it to divide the fanbase though. I totally get why people don't like it.

21. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Coming Home remains my favorite album by them.

.K., fran.182 and Fox83 like this.
  22. TheJMan

Trusted

I like it a lot. I wish NFG had a good follow up album with a similar music vibe instead of just going back to their normal pop-punk sound.

Fox83 likes this.
  23. Fox83

Trusted

Agreed. I know a handful of people here seem to love NWAF, but I still cannot get into that album to this day. I appreciate the style they went back to and all, but there weren't any extremely memorable songs for me. I've listened to that album at least a dozen times and I can't remember a melody off it other than Listen To Your Friends, which was kind of underwhelming as well.

24. yay!!!

TheJMan likes this.
  25. TheJMan

Trusted

Yup I agree completely. After the first 5 songs of NWAF I couldn't tell you if they were on that album or Radiosurgery or Resurrection. For whatever reason I can't get into that album either. I don't think it's bad but it just doesn't do much for me, it's not really memorable to me.

I kind of feel like NWAF, Radiosurgery and Resurrection all kind of blend in together and are just more of the same retread. I don't really have high hopes for the new album but I'm still excited for it if that makes sense.

Fox83 likes this.