Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 57

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. That song rules

2. Jackbo487

Regular

it's funny that "everything that could have went wrong went wrong this year," yet the new NFG holiday song is decidedly more hopeful & upbeat than Ex-Miss.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

There also doing a Christmas special on December 18th with new music.

Ticket to Christmas Special

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. TheJMan

Trusted

NFG was 1 for 16 in putting out a good song this year. I really like this one.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

OUCH.

Not gonna lie, I forgot the album even came out this year because it leaked so early.

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Is is because the lyrics on that album were a little silly? I think that’s what it was for me.

kyle likes this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

New song is pretty good for a Christmas song.

8. TheJMan

Trusted

I actually didn’t listen to the leak, waited for the album to drop and listened to it once and forgot about it. I put my iphone on random shuffle this weekend and one of the songs from the album came on and I had no idea what it was haha.

I really can’t decide if which album is worse between NFG and Green Day’s FOAM.

9. pbueddi

Trusted

FOAM and it’s not even close.

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

That is actually a pretty good Christmas song. Had no expectations really

11. TheJMan

Trusted

Probably right. FOAM makes Dos seem good and that’s an accomplishment right there.

pbueddi likes this.
  12. What?!?

FOAM is their best album since American Idiot. I still listen to it a ton hahaha.
    I couldn’t even get through the whole NFG album once.

13. 333 GANG

ACAB

Both albums were really bad, but I’d listen to the really bad NFG record over the really, really bad Green Day album again any day of the week.

The ideal scenario would be neither ever again.

bobby_runs and pbueddi like this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Last NFG album was not the album I was hoping for. I wanted a Will Pugh produced Screen To Stereo 3 sounding record, with a little more sincere lyrics and a song with Ryan Key (and maybe one with Chad fiancée or now wife because I think she’s a musician too I believe Not sure what her name
    Is or what genre of music she does by why not). Just a really personal from the album again, like how Coming Home felt.

When they announced they were working with Steve E. producing, I sort of was thinking something like song Tip of the Iceburg. They experimented a little with Makes Me Sick, had a little camp in there and we’ll as the always fun STA IiI. Just thought it’d be faster album, but ok.

New album didn’t really hit on anything on wanted specifically. Music was fine. Just the lyrics were juvenile, didn’t sound as good as the STS, no Ryan for a song, and didn’t feel personal.

Oh well. I’ll back for the next one.

Jackbo487 and pbueddi like this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

New album is a good energetic album if I'm ever at the gym or going for a run. Far from their best album, but I wouldn't call it their worst. Nothing obnoxiously bad on it. I still listen to Greatest of All Time and Stay Awhile often.

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

The vocal melody for the new christmas song sounded so familiar and I think I figured it out! -

pbueddi and David Parke like this.
  17. pbueddi

Trusted

Yes I was trying to place it too!

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

19. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Lol Chris. Also my vinyl shipped from Mondo.

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Is that the young bucks

21. Oviedotiger

Regular

Dumb question but does anyone have an idea when the Self Titled Vinyl is being shipped?

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Mine says it shipped yesterday.

Oviedotiger likes this.
  23. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

24. Jackbo487

Regular

got an email about it shipping this morning, finally

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Dude from Simple Plan, Lisa Loeb, Chris from NSYNC, and Mike from MXPX is all I recognize. Bottom middle is an actor but his name slips my mind. I have no clue who the rest are, though

Colby Searcy likes this.