Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 56

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. upload_2020-10-6_13-54-44.png

Is this just one person?

2. Yeah I’m not even gonna bother hitting play on that. The Hit Or Miss cover that was released a bit back was a dumpster fire

3. I just heard the clip of “hit or miss.” It’s better than this “forget my name” cover but they also sound pretty similar, stylistically.

4. Dog Fish

Mutt

had to search reddit to find this:

"Johnny Braddock from Get Scareds solo project"

(Un)fortunately, I don't know what any of that means

5. I only know the name Get Scared because I believe they are from here (Utah)

6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It would actually be pretty hilarious if it was just one person but he did a photo shoot to look like a band

I might do that if I ever become a musician and am a solo artist

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

That’s a large wedding party. And a surprisingly genuine smile from CM Punk.

TheJMan likes this.
  10. Hope he doesn't blow it this time around...

Jusscali likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Wow that Forget My Name cover is one of the worst covers ever lol

12. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

I get to see New Found Glory tonight! Soooooo excited and so looking forward to seeing live music again. Not sure what it will be like but I'm really excited.

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Cmoney86 likes this.
  14. let us know what that's like!

marchofmarty likes this.
  15. NFG is playing live shows again?

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It's just a one off show at a drive in.
    [​IMG]

17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Coolio

18. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

The show on Friday was so much fun. We had a really shitty spot for it but still had a great time. They had a crew filming it and a big screen it was projected on. My brother and I had our own pit going and still were able to enjoy ourselves. All the cars were spaced out enough so everyone had room to dance and move around and still feel safe. Everyone was really good about wearing masks when in line for food and the bathroom. The people standing behind us in line for the food truck were closer than I would have wanted them to be but it wasn't too big of a deal. They showed Beetlejuice afterwards but we left after NFG played.

It felt so good to see and hear live music again, and it was even better that it was New Found Glory. I'm very thankful that of all the bands to randomly do a random drive-in show it was my favorite band and they did it here in Chicago.

They played a full set with 24 or 25 songs. They did a section in the middle for the self-titled playing Better Off Dead, Sincerely Me, Hit or Miss, Ballad for the Last Romantics and then played Dressed to Kill later on in the set. They played four songs off the new album: the three singles there are music videos for and then Himalaya in the encore. No Coming Home songs, nothing from NGCS (like always :( ) otherwise all their other albums were represented including three covers. They said they had more plans for 2021 that are similar to what they have been doing. I don't know if that means live streamed shows or socially distanced shows but they said more would be coming in 2021.

I've seen them 20+ times and all things considered, it was probably a top 10 NFG show for me. I've lamented many times to my wife, parents, and friends about how the thing I miss the most is concerts. But I don't think I realized how much they meant to me until the show started and the band was playing Understatement. It was by far the best night since all of this shit started in March.

ANYWAYS. It was great and I would definitely recommend going to a show like this if one happens in your area. The ticket was kind of pricey ($150 for one car that would have been good for four people) and I thought about not going because I was unsure what to expect, but I'm very glad I did.

19. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

bradsonemanband and pbueddi like this.
  20. pbueddi

Trusted

When is the self-titled vinyl supposed to ship?

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

bradsonemanband and Mrk_Brdshw like this.
  22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wondering the same thing. Would've been nice if they mentioned it was a pre order/delayed shipment.

pbueddi likes this.
  23. Jackbo487

Regular

just emailed, got a reply:

"Purchases were pre-orders and vinyl will begin shipping in mid-December. You will receive a shipping notification when this is sent."

manoverboard365 and pbueddi like this.
  24. pbueddi

Trusted

So no solid date? Ugh.