Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I hated Coming Home at first, but it grew on me and Its become one of my favorites of theirs.

NWAF was spinning a long time with me and I came to realize its...meh. There are some really good tracks on there though.

Radiosurgery is something I wish they would continue with. I really loved that album and the bonus songs are awesome. I definitely wouldn't mind if they mixed a little Radiosurgery with Coming Home at this point in their career.

Resurrection is an album I was really digging when it came out. Stubborn and Selfless are some of the best tracks in their catalog. I appreciate the album as a 4 piece. I also think the re-release of it with extra songs brought the album back to life for me.

2. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

There is something to be said about "aging gracefully" when you discuss NFG. In 2014, Yellowcard and NFG released their newest albums (Lift a Sail and Resurrection respectively) on same day, and it couldn't have been a more interesting contrast between two bands from the same era and how they are making music as they age. Yellowcard continues to push their sound forward, NFG never really did. When they tried (Coming Home), they immediately ran back to their comfort zone for their follow up.

Every post-Coming Home album has a few good songs on them, but mostly they range from underwritten to boring to down right embarrassing to listen to from a lyrical perspective.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  3. TFT87

Regular

I'm surprised no one else thinks Catalyst is their best. I think "All Downhill", "This Disaster", and "Truth of my Youth" are so awesome. The second half of the album is kinda average though.

And yeah, I agree with everyone else saying their last two albums have sucked hard.

4. Catalyst is terrible, as a whole. There's some great songs, but there's such a huge chunk of that album that is completely forgettable and meh.

bobby_runs likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

What?! That's so wrong. The only bad song on Catalyst is "I'd Kill To Fall Asleep". The rest is great.

6. that's one of the very few that i like

7. I made a playlist awhile back of what I wish Catalyst was:

1. All Downhill From Here
    2. Truth of My Youth
    3. Failure's Not Flattering
    4. At Least I'm Known for Something
    5. This Disaster
    6. Intro
    7. I'd Kill to Fall Asleep
    8. Your Biggest Mistake

8. TFT87

Regular

9. Doubt Full

9. I'm not gonna say Catalyst is like a perfect record or anything, but I don't think I'd remove a single song from it if I had the opportunity to. I like some songs more/less than others but on the whole I just really loved that entire album a lot when it came out and I think to erase any part of that would make it simply (and obviously) not the same. The darker/weirder songs make that record what it is.

And yes, I understand this same argument can be made for literally any album haha.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  10. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Over the Head, Below the Knees is one of my favorite songs by them..it's darker but they chorus is lovely.

11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I dunno, I like Catalyst more now than I did initially haha. Not that I listen to it often, but I love the first half of that album a lot. Back half eventually grew on me. I think it was one of the last two songs that I was soured on for the longest time.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Catalyst is their third best album imo

13. Fourth IMO

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely in the lower half

15. Fox83

Trusted

I'll echo Doubt Full and add No News Is Good News.

Then, "Baby, [you have] a stew goin'"

[​IMG]

16. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Can't be third best when s/t; sticks and stones; coming home exist.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. tomtom94

Trusted

I couldn't really rank the others, but Radiosurgery is my favourite. It's probably mostly because it was my first NFG album but none of their other records are so consistently great - every single song on that record is the best it can be. If it had a better closer than "Map of Your Body" (the only weak song outside the bonuses IMO) it would be a must-listen, but as it stands it's still one of my favourite albums of all time.

It saddens me that the band seem to have never really liked it - they barely played half the album live and now they just stick Anthem For the Unwanted in the setlist and call it a night.

(Resurrection's a good 4-star album that would have been a great 5-star album with a better producer.)

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think I'd put Catalyst third or fourth

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Resurrection is horrible, it's like 2 stars

20. TFT87

Regular

You've said that like 10 times in this thread, haha you really hate that album

21. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Catalyst is probably my favorite tbh

Resurrection is... I don't remember liking it much at all. But I probably haven't listened since the first couple months it was out

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've said it maybe twice and I had to respond to the ridiculous idea that it's a 4 or 5 star album

23. Too generous

FTank likes this.
  24. tomtom94

Trusted

I mean, I can break it down pretty easily:

BANGERS
    Selfless
    Resurrection
    (The Enemy)
    Ready and Willing
    One More Round
    Vicious Love
    Stubborn

GOOD
    The Worst Person
    Persistent
    Stories
    Degenerate
    On My Own

BAD
    Angel
    Living Hell

I've come across many, many albums with worse good/bad ratios than that. If they'd gotten Avron again to cut out the chaff and record Jordan's vocals properly it could have genuinely been fantastic.

25. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Angel was one of the only songs I liked on the album lol