Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. TheJMan

Trusted

The Hit or Miss track was released for their self titled album’s 10th anniversary. It’s on Youtube I’m sure.

I believe they mentioned Cryus wrote the guitar part on their live album.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

It’s on streaming services, as well. Under the name “Hit or Miss (Waited Too Long),” if I’m not mistaken. It’s still good, but I don’t like it quite as much as the normal version, but that’s probably largely due to being so used to how the album mix sounds.

TheJMan likes this.
  3. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I agree I don’t think it’s better than the version they ended up using.

333 GANG likes this.
  4. pbueddi

Trusted

5. btr

Trusted Supporter

broken22, .K., Kuri44 and 3 others like this.
  6. 333 GANG

ACAB

“Puzzles” was excellent, so if that’s any indication of what this will sound like, I’m stoked.

Anyone know who’s producing?

pbueddi and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

This band keeps on trucking and I love it!

domotime2 and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. Kuri44

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Not that the large majority of their releases aren’t, but based on that ^ I expect this to be a fairly energetic record.

dustman and Kuri44 like this.
  10. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

A lull or two though

11. pbueddi

Trusted

lol for some reason i read this as "generic" and not energetic.

333 GANG likes this.

12. Looks like they’re recording with Steve Evetts.

13. He produced The Greatest Generation, so I have high hopes!

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I was hoping they’d work with Will Pugh again on some originals, but that time may come.

Steve did some older Saves the Day records as well I believe.

Also, think NFG should bring in and heavily feature Ryan Key for guest vocals on a song for this album.

15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Yeah they are, Chad said so on Instagram the other day in reply to a comment.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. I'm gonna miss Aaron Sprinkle in the studio for sure, but Steve's a solid pick if they're gonna go back to a more rock/high-energy pop-punk sort of sound. (He mixed the last cover album as well.)

17. pbueddi

Trusted

After Makes Me Sick, what are you hoping for with this new album?

sonder and bradsonemanband like this.
  18. Makes Me Sick was sooo good

bobby_runs likes this.
  19. Haha. Part two. :crylaugh:

20. tomdelonge

Trusted

What are some Aaron Sprinkle records to check out?

There’s so much love for him round here; I didn’t really care for the NFG he did (leaning towards disliked) but I wanna see the light.

Chadball is a badball and I’m a lil hmmm on new NFG, but I love Steve Evetts work, especially Through Being Cool, Kid Dynamite, Lifetime etc. And I think Kings Of Pop is an early 00’s pop punk gem that doesn’t sound at all like other pop punk from that era.

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They kind of just choose good people to work on their records.

22. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I’d be happy with a MMS 2 or just another Sprinkle produced one. Hope they keep the keys and little touches on new material. Added so much to MMS that’s been missing since Coming Home.

23. Acceptance, Anberlin, all his solo albums, States, Fair, Copeland's You Are My Sunshine, MxPx's Secret Weapon.

tomdelonge and sonder like this.
  24. Yep, his ear for melody and that little extra thing a song could use elevated them to a level they (IMO) hadn't been in years.

25. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Makes Me Sick was their best record since Coming Home. Loved what Sprinkle added to their sound.

pbueddi and bradsonemanband like this.