Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 43

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Jimmy Eat World is a good comparison to NFG, especially in terms of the members and their relationships, as well as the success of their output of material. Bayside is another band I could throw in there, but their success is far lower than what both JEW/NFG ever saw. They all just seem like friends who enjoy creating music together and take their time because they've earned that right, and do well on tours & are still well-loved. I just don't see any of them ever hanging it up entirely for that reason alone.

Anthony_, Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t follow many individual members of bands on social media but you can tell these guys genuinely enjoy being around each other. Even if they did just decide to call it quits tomorrow, I get the vibe that they’d still hang out all the time. Maybe I’m wrong.

3. Somehow after all the drama, now TBS too

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. smoke4thecaper

Yeah, theirs is like a twisted version of the bands I mentioned, but it still somehow works and keeps chuggin'.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. smoke4thecaper

FOB, as well? I mean, they fly under the radar in terms of how long they've been a band together, with no member changes, and they're still able to maintain a high level of success.

sonder and Jason Tate like this.
  6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I know it’s leaning away from the pop punk side, but Thrice has always been the same four guys. They’ve also had success, and managed to take a hiatus and come back strong.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  7. smoke4thecaper

Absolutely-- a lot of bands that all began around roughly the same time in this scene have stuck it out, remained consistent, don't fuck with the formula too much.

Green Day too, obviously. Always bummed me out that MCR & YC were exceptions to this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Thrice and FOB did take hiatuses though. Not judging on that. I always thought NFG would the one to make it all the way through without a hiatus or lineup change (minus the og drummer) until the Steve stuff happened. I’m glad that didn’t ruin them though.

9. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

JEW come off to me as having one of the most solid fanbases out there, and FOB sell out arenas so they're not only viable but an actual money machine. one could argue they might be doing it just for the money (they're not of course). the others mentioned are good examples of bands that keep it steady even if not in the spotlight anymore. i just see these warped tour pop punk bands as having a shorter lifespan/less stable foundations in general

David Parke likes this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

Even though I have really enjoyed what they have put out lately, I would still love one more album in the vein of Coming Home.

CAC3, .K., Colby Searcy and 2 others like this.
  11. Jbent

Trusted

I would love for then to go further down that Coming Home road, even more pop / indie. But they won't...

12. I liked the Making Sick combo of the two worlds we got at times. Puzzles seems back to a very pop punk sound though.

Colby Searcy and pbueddi like this.
  13. pbueddi

Trusted

Puzzles is fantastic. So glad they put it out there with the new album.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. smoke4thecaper

Keep working with Aaron Sprinkle and see where it takes them, because he's one producer I could see bringing them to a Coming Home-like sound more than anybody.

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

LOOK OUT CUZ HERE I COME

AY
    AY
    AY

David Parke and Taketimeandfind like this.
  16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

For me it’s when he repeats it: look out cuz here I coooommee

David Parke and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  17. felipecardel

Makes Me Sick had me excited for them for the first time since NWAF, hope they keep heading in that direction

Mrk_Brdshw, sonder, FTank and 2 others like this.
  18. I really like NWAF. It’s probably my #4 NFG record.

19. felipecardel

it's my #4 as well

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

A few live videos of FTSTYS3 songs I found on Youtube from Slam Dunk. Ryan Key is still playing with them and according to his Twitter, he is going to be on their upcoming tour as well.

And their Slam Dunk setlist:
    • Eye of the Tiger
    • Understatement
    • Selfless
    • This Is Me
    • All Downhill From Here
    • Truth of My Youth
    • Dressed to Kill
    • Kiss Me
    • Failure's Not Flattering
    • Let It Go
    • Hit or Miss
    • Head On Collision
    • The Power of Love
    • My Friends Over You

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Also, holy crap Puzzles is so catchy in case anyone forgot. Puts a smile on my face every time I listen to it.

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I can't f*ckin wait for June 8th. Seeing them and TEN back-to-back is going to be overwhelming.

marceting, bradsonemanband and sonder like this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

How about a Jordan and Ryan split vocals for a song on the next NFG album?

BlackwingE and bradsonemanband like this.
  24. Kuri44

Looks like they’re releasing a new album next year

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds good. Also, I wasn’t joking about how I hope Ryan Key joins them for a song on vocals (as a guest) for a track next album. Someone needs to talk to them about this.

BlackwingE and irthesteve like this.