Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Preferences are preferences but I cannot imagine listening to Coming Home, Make Your Move, or Boulders and being like "yeah I'm okay with never hearing this again", or putting the album as a whole on the same level as Ressurrection :-/

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I don't think any NFG album is comparable to Resurrection, and Coming Home is better than most of them anyway.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I just can never get into Coming Home. I try once every year and it never clicks. And I thought there were like three songs on Resurrection that were their catchiest since Catalyst. Stubborn is the best song for me in their last four albums.

4. I will agree that Stubborn is a diamond in the rough on Ressurrection

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm probably a little unfair on the last few albums. Radiosurgery isn't a bad listen and NWAF is probably at least half decent. even the songs I initially enjoyed from Resurrection haven't stuck with me though. I truly think that album is awful.

6. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Never been a huge fan of these guys, but Eyesore is still a killer track.

Saw them open up for Green Day in 2004 and they sounded awful, though lol.

7. I'd be willing to let up a liiiittle bit on Radiosurgery, but that's about it. Summer Fling Don't Mean A Thing, Trainwreck, Memories And Battle Scars, and Ready, Aim, Fire! aren't that bad of songs.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Actually whenever I listen to Radiosurgery I'm kinda surprised by how solid it is all the way through. Ok, mind changed on that one. I think.

9. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

1. Coming Home
    2. Sticks and Stones
    3. Catalyst
    4. Radiosurgery
    5. Self Titled
    6. Resurrection
    7. Nothing Gold Can Stay
    8. Not Without a Fight

Yeah I know I'm weird.

10. Michael

Regular Bitch

I haven't given much attention to this band in recent years, but Coming Home will always have a place in my heart. I was obsessed with that album when it came out.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Some 10-year anniversary thing for that album would be nice

12. marceting

Trusted

Met Chad and Cyrus today at Warped. Totally geeked out and talked shop with Cyrus about drums. They're taking time off to record so they won't on the road for some time after Warped Tour.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I just realized that I've seen NFG at least once every single year since 2010, sometimes multiple times. Pretty sure I've seen them the most out of any artist

14. marceting

Trusted

Today was my 10th time seeing them. Not saying that's a lot (Read somewhere people back in 2004 had seem them 30+ times) but still thats a significant number.

15. Not sure how many times I've seen them, my guess would be between 10-15 times. The last couple of times I've seen them were for the 10 year anniversary shows of Self-Titled and Sticks & Stones. But I haven't seen them for a "regular" show since 2007.

First time I saw them was with MxPx, Good Charlotte, and The Movielife. I'd say I miss those days, but it'd seem kinda silly considering all four bands are somehow still active in some capacity or another in 2016 lol

16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Hmm. I saw them with Alkaline Trio, Saves The Day and Face to Face. With Boxcar Racer. I think with Green Day and Blink. Couple of Warped Tours and a 104 Fest in CT. So I think 6 times.

17. Jackbo487

Regular

yeah knowing them this wouldn't be an issue. Was there a long wait for the signing? There are so many bands I want to see on this year's Warped I'm a bit concerned about having to skip somebody for the signing...

18. marceting

Trusted

I should've been more clear - my book was already signed when I got it shipped to me. I saw their line at Warped yesterday and the line was long but nothing out of hand. Maybe a 30 min wait at the most.

19. Jackbo487

Regular

Ah, got it. thanks.

20. Yeah, I always tend to group Radiosurgery in with the other two most recent records so it's easier for me to say "their last three albums are bad" rather than picking out the individual ones. I should stop doing that, really haven't ever had an issue with Radiosurgery (aside from it featuring most of the band's worst lyrics), though I still don't think it's better than anything pre-NWAF. The 50's twist throughout the album is a really neat and refreshing take on their sound, I don't think it would've worked if they tried to pull it off a second time but it proved to be a pretty fun experiment for the time being.

21. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I actually enjoy NWAF and Radiosurgery quite a bit for what they are, but that new album is pretty bland imo.

22. devenstonow

Noobie

The "heartbeats" in It's Not Your Fault are my favorite

bobby_runs and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I feel like NFG is one of those bands that may have benefited from taking a hiatus after Coming Home to engage in other projects and recharge their creative juices.

24. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah you very well might be right. I mean the Coming Home album was just so different from anything they had really done before and since that all of their albums have basically been the same. Not that I disliked any of the 3 albums they have put out since but they have been pretty forgettable. They probably peaked with Sticks and Stones.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  25. goosetoph

u wut m8?

Ranking their albums
    1. Coming Home
    2. Not Without A Fight
    3. Catalyst
    4. Sticks and Stones
    5. New Found Glory
    6. Resurrection
    7. Radiosurgery
    8. Nothing Gold Can Stay

I love NWAF, don't get why people hate it so much.