Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. MegT585

Trusted

As a massive New Found Glory fan (I even have a new found glory tattoo), I still can never get into Radiosurgery at all. Part of me almost forgets it is part of the discography sometimes because I rarely listen to it.

2. The only two albums I go back to are NWAF and S/T. I really liked S&S and Coming Home back in the day, but I haven't listened to them in years.

3. marceting

Trusted

1. Sticks and Stones
    2. Coming Home
    3. Catalyst
    4. Self titled
    5. Not Without A Fight
    6. Nothing Gold
    7. Radiosurgery
    8. Resurrection

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm always super interested in how artists rank their own discographies but this one definitely is the weirdest I've seen so far. I definitely agree that NWAF should be towards the bottom but I usually see it get a lot of love. NGCS is my least favorite though

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  5. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

This right here for me but switch S/T and Sticks & Stones. Also, I haven't really listened to Resurrection, so Catalyst would have to be my number 4. I feel like I dig Not Without A Fight way more than most people. That album really reignited my interest in the genre back in 2009. Right when Blink came back too. It was an exciting time for me.

6. marceting

Trusted

Is it just me or is every hXc person's favorite pop punk band is NFG? I guess it's due to Chad's background and that they play semi-breakdown's.

FTank likes this.
  7. Fox83

Trusted

This might be my exact list actually.

I'm tempted to put Coming Home ahead of Catalyst, but there were some incredible highs on Catalyst. Coming Home was just solid (in the best way possible) from beginning to end. I also don't know where I'd place Nothing Gold Can Stay. I never got into it much.

TheJMan likes this.
  8. TheJMan

Trusted

I think the best songs on Catalyst are better than the best songs on Coming Home, that's why I ranked it higher. I also agree NGCS was hard to me to rank too. I loved it back in the day but it is hard for me to get into now but I think it's a better album than the last 3 I mentioned.

Fox83 likes this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

My ranking:
    1. Sticks and Stones
    2. Self-Titled
    3. Catalyst
    4. Not Without A Fight
    5. Nothing Gold Can Stay
    6. Coming Home
    7. Radiosurgery
    8. Resurrection

Really surprised that Chad thinks so highly of Resurrection. Kind of a forgettable album for them. They'll never top Sticks and Stones though.

FTank likes this.
  10. Sticks and Stones is #1 and that is all that matters

11. marceting

Trusted

Just got my signed copy of Stories Of A Different Kind in the mail. I love all the flyers for shows. I used to collect so many of those back in the day.

12. Jake Z

Regular

Sticks and Stones is an undeniable classic. I really love S/T and Catalyst, too. Those have to be my top 3.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I usually don't like rankings but I don't think I've ever actually done one for NFG

1. S/t
    2. Sticks & Stones
    3. Catalyst
    4. Radiosurgery (super underrated imo)
    5. Coming Home
    6. Resurrection
    7. Not Without a Fight
    8. Nothing Gold Can Stay

marceting likes this.
  14. TheJMan

Trusted

Chad probably thinks so highly of it because he was the main song writer for that album as it was the first one without Steve. But I agree it's a forgettable album and they probably will never stop S&S.

15. Fox83

Trusted

It's also their most recent album. They still want to support it as much as possible right now. A lot of times, artists don't get as (publicly) critical about their work until it's a thing of the past.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. Fox83

Trusted

NGCS never clicked with me. I didn't even hear NFG until Hit Or Miss started playing on the radio. I went back and bought NGCS and realized that Hit or Miss wasn't the same one I was hearing on the radio. The rest of the album just never clicked with me after that. I eventually bought their S/T and loved it of course.

Also, TIL: Drive-Thru had initially wanted to re-release Nothing Gold Can Stay along with a newly recorded version of breakthrough single "Hit or Miss," Chad Gilbert said of the process, "So we went into the studio with Jerry Finn and recorded it with him. I don't like how it came out, at all. He was such a cool guy, but we were like, "nah, we don't want to use it". From then on, every band that worked with him expressed that Jerry Finn didn't like our band". The song was never used and the band decided to start work on a second album.

17. trevorshmevor Jul 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 16, 2016)
    That Jerry Finn mix kinda sucked haha. Not nearly as close to the step up in quality as the actual S/T version was, anyway.

18. TheJMan

Trusted

The Jerry Finn Hit or Miss version is on their ST 10 Year Anniversary album. It's not as good as the one used for the actual album. It's kind of eh.

Yeah that too of course.

19. Jackbo487

Regular

So apparently District Lines made a shipping error with the Stories of a Different Kind book, signed copies were sent to the wrong people and stuff.

That said, I'd like to get my book signed by NFG at a Warped stop if I end up going. Anybody know if you actually have to BUY the book in person at Warped for the book signing, or would they sign the book I already bought if I brought it with me?

20. marceting

Trusted

I feel like they'd sign it if you brought it. I got my book yesterday signed. I honestly wasn't even sure if my order went through the first day, my session bounced.

21. marceting

Trusted

This is pretty cool

22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

1. Sticks & Stones
    2. Self-titled
    3. Nothing Gold Can Stay
    4. Catalyst

5t. Resurrection
    5t. Coming Home
    5t. Radiosurgery
    5t. Not Without A Fight

I think I could go forever without hearing any of the bottom four again so I just tied them all for 5th lol. Like someone else said on the first page, there's no other band that I went from loving as much as I did to caring about as little as I do now.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Sticks and Stones
    Catalyst
    Self-Titled
    Not Without A Fight
    Coming Home
    Radiosurgery
    Resurrection

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Coming Home >:-(

25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

That the only album of theirs that I've listened to and I enjoyed it.

FTank likes this.