Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

bit late but:

Sticks and Stones
    New Found Glory
    Catalyst
    Resurrection
    Makes Me Sick
    Coming Home
    Radiosurgery
    Nothing Gold Can Stay
    Not Without a Fight

BlackwingE likes this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Also rumours online that NFG confirmed From The Screen To Your Stereo 3 last night on stage.

What would everyone want them to cover?

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think they've been announcing it at every show this tour. When I saw them last month they started their encore off with a cover of "Eye of the Tiger" and said it'll be on the new FTSTYS.

5. TheJMan

Trusted

You're The Best Around from Karate Kid would be a good one for them to cover.

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I would love a “You Make My Dreams” cover from (500) Days Of Summer

7. BlackwingE

Trusted

I hope they cover Everything Is Awesome!!! (from The Lego Movie) and You're Welcome (from Moana / Vaiana).

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Definitely could see the covering something from La La Land, they played Audition over the speakers before they came out on the last tour

bobby_runs likes this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Everything is awesome seems up their alley.

BlackwingE and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. Why do people hate Resurrection

David Smith likes this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Because the songs on it aren't very good.

12. Some favorites off the top of my head that could either totally work or be very bad lol

I Have Nothing (The Bodyguard)
    Cut To The Feeling (Leap!)
    Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)
    Vindicated (Spider-Man)

Band is so good at covers that I’d have faith in anything they chose though tbh

13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I like the idea of Mrs. Robinson

Wonder if they’ll be able to get the rights to any Disney songs from recent years.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I was gonna say I wouldn’t be surprised if Let It Go is on there, but the Disney thing is a factor.

15. bobby_runs

I thought that or “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I hope there is a mix of new and old stuff. Soundtrack sound just aren’t as big anymore.

Maybe Travis “Love Will Come Trough” from Garden State or something NFG’d might be fun.

17. I remember I used to think Reflection from Mulan would make for a pretty good NFG cover, haha. I’ll Make A Man Out Of You would have potential too.

Reeeeeally hoping Let It Go isn’t the song they go with if there are any Disney tracks

BlackwingE likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They should do King's Dead from Black Panther lol

19. bobby_runs

Are they really hitting the road again this fall ?

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They are doing some Warped Tour shows.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Playing the last 3 dates of Warped

22. David Smith

I think when it dropped, people expected some sort of a change due to the departure of Steve Klein. The lyrics undoubtedly reflect some of the changing times the bad had to endure, but it didn’t stray away from the formulaic New Found Glory pop-punk sound we all love. The record didn’t push the band in any new direction; they stayed where they felt the most comfortable. As a fan, I like the record BECAUSE it doesn’t really branch out from what made me a fan in the first place. To me, Resurrection was exactly what I always want out of NFG.

That being said, when Makes Me Sick dropped, I LOVED the new direction they went in adding synths and Aaron Sprinkle’s abilities. I think the performances on the latest record were the best the band put out in over a decade and it was refreshing upon first listen. When this band does decide to try something new they can be brilliant.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that New Found Glory is still New Found Glory when they aren’t trying to do something different and perhaps many people’s opinions of Resurrection at the time were subjective to the recent events that had taken place within the band.

ryanfears likes this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Personally, I think Resurrection sucks because it’s an album of bad songs and sounds terrible. I can live with the band not changing it up enough (though I prefer when they do), i just don’t like those songs.

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I still really like Radiosurgery

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  25. musicfan10

Trusted

Guys I got their limited edition poster only 70 of them made, signed by the artist! Willing to sell