Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Man I loved Coming Home when it came out. Still like it a lot today, my only gripe with it is that the songs on it can get super repetitive, and as a result seem just slightly too long sometimes.

FTank and Anti-Counter-Culture like this.
  2. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

This is mental to me, but alas, to each their own.

3. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I guess I'm in a minority of people here who had a lot of fun with Radiosurgery when it came out? I get not liking it, but I always did. Resurrection is pretty lame, though. I actually dig all their albums up 'till now.

4. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

This sounds petty, but I think I would've enjoyed Radiosurgery a lot more had it not been a NFG album. I'll revisit it sometime soon.

5. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I know what you mean, and I think a lot of albums suffer from that. I think that's why I didn't like Coming Home at first.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  6. devenstonow

Noobie

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Seems pretty cool but yeah I don't want to drop 30 bucks at the moment.

8. Fox83

Trusted

Same. I've listened to it whenever I realize I can't remember any songs off of it. I still can't. None of the songs really hook me in. It's not a bad album. It doesn't grab me like their others (same with Radiosurgery).

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I'll wait to grab it on Amazon for a better price. Sounds like a cool idea though.

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

When I first started reading this I thought they were breaking up. I almost died.

11. Kuri44

TheJMan likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Resurrection at #2 is laughable, that record sucks. I guess they have to put their most recent pretty high on the list though.

It's funny, I feel like his blurb for NWAF actually applies really well to all of the last three albums.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Interesting that he thinks Coming Home should have had more distortion and "grit and balls", because I've always thought the record would've been better if they had gone all-in the other direction.

14. TheJMan

Trusted

Saw this last night on their FB page. Yeah not the rankings I would put them in but definitely interesting hearing Chad's thoughts and views on the albums looking back. I definitely think Resurrection at 2 is way too high.

My list from best to worst would probably be:
    1. Sticks and Stones
    2. New Found Glory
    3. Catalyst
    4. Coming Home
    5. Nothing Gold Can Stay
    6. Resurrection
    7. Not Without A Fight
    8. Radiosurgery

I barely find myself listening to any songs from Resurrection, Not Without A Fight or Radiosurgery unless the songs come on shuffle. I think I might have listened to those albums 3 or 4 times max and really think those 3 albums are kind of all the same basic NFG formula to me, you could mix and match the non single songs for all 3 albums and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I still love Sticks and Stones and New Found Glory front to back.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  15. 1. Self titled
    2. Not Without A Fight
    3. Sticks and Stones
    4. Coming Home
    5. Resurrection
    6. Catalyst
    7. Nothing Gold
    8. Radiosurgery

kyle and TheJMan like this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

1/sticks and stones
    2/self titled
    3/nothing gold can stay
    4/catalyst
    5/radiosurgery
    6/resurrection
    7/not without a fight
    8/coming home

might be fittin to have a discog binge today at work now...

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

1. Sticks and Stones
    2. Coming Home
    3. Catalyst
    4. S/T
    5. Radiosurgery
    6. Nothing Gold Can Stay
    7. Not Without a Fight

8. Resurrection

18. 1. S&S
    2. S/T
    3. Coming Home
    4. Catalyst
    5. NGCS

6. Radiosurgery

7. NWAF

8. Ressurection

I'd actually argue that my 3 and 4 could switch depending on the day. Also a little curious as to why Chad thinks Catalyst is so "all over the place". It's certainly their most diverse release but I'd hardly consider it to be as disjointed as he implies.

19. Kuri44

1. Sticks and Stones
    2. S/T
    3. Catalyst
    4. Radiosurgery
    5. Coming Home
    6. Resurrection
    7. Not Without A Fight
    8. Nothing Gold Can Stay

I'll have to give NGCS another spin, I've only listened to it about 2 times in my life, but I guess it never really stuck with me. NWAF has some really good jams (some of NFG's best imo) but overall just kind of drags

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

We have roughly the same idea

21. jordanjohnson09

Regular

Sticks & Stones/ Catalyst
    Coming Home
    NWAF
    NFG
    Resurrection

NGCS
    Radiosurgery

22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

1. S&S
    2. Coming Home
    3. S/t
    4. NWAF
    5. Catalyst
    6. Radiosurgery
    7. NGCS
    8. Resurrection

23. TheJMan

Trusted

The first 4 songs of NWAF are really good, the rest to me is pure filler. I haven't listened to NGCS in a really long time so I wonder if it's aged well.