Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

New Found Glory (formerly A New Found Glory) is an American pop-punk band from Coral Springs, Florida, formed in 1997. The band currently consists of Jordan Pundik (lead vocals), Chad Gilbert (lead guitar, backing vocals), Ian Grushka (bass guitar) and Cyrus Bolooki (drums). During their lengthy recording career, the band have released eight studio albums, one live album, two EPs, and three cover albums

Emerging as part of the second wave of pop-punk in the late 1990s, music critics consider them a key pioneer of the genre.Labelled the "godfathers of (the second late 1990's wave of) pop punk", AllMusic credits them for "practically serving alongside the work of blink-182 as the blueprint to the entire genre for the early 2000s." Also renowned for their energetic live performances, the band has garnered a cult following since their inception.

Albums:

Nothing Gold Can Stay (1999)
    New Found Glory (2000)
    Sticks and Stones (2002)
    Catatlyst (2004)
    Coming Home (2006)
    Not Without a Fight (2009)
    Radiosurgery (2011)
    Resurrection (2014)

2. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

It's a sad day for pop punk when I'm the first response to a NFG thread.

Just wanted to say that Not Without A Fight still holds up really well in my opinion. Not to say their older albums don't, but...

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I could never get into them, then again, I don't really like pop punk.

4. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Not Without A Fight seems like a more mature pop punk album. I don't know how else to describe it. If I heard their earlier stuff for the first time today, I don't think I'd be into it.

5. Not Without a Fight is my favorite NFG album.

muttley likes this.
  6. Ben182TX

@TheBenThomas

Has anyone heard of any updates about Steve?

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope, nothing

Anyway, I'd say Coming Home has aged the best out of all of their albums, at least for me

8. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I loved this band so much growing up. Saw them play recently and they still blew me away

9. They're great live, one of my favorites.

10. I think they're the only band that I loved as much as I did at one point and also couldn't care less about now. Not gonna act like they didn't play an incredibly important role in my life, but their last three albums were absolute garbage

11. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

I can understand not enjoying Radiosurgery or Resurrection, but calling NWAF "absolute garbage" is just flat out wrong.

kyle likes this.
  12. Prior to Ressurection, NWAF was their worst album by a landslide

13. Brandon Allin

You can't seriously believe NWAF is worse than Nothing Gold Can Stay...? Can you?

14. At least NGCS was inspired and fresh. NWAF was just the sound of New Found Glory trying way too hard to write run of the mill pop punk songs to gain back the fans they alienated with Coming Home.

15. Brandon Allin

To each their own. Couldn't disagree more.

16. Yeah, I mean I know an opinion that strong about it isn't that popular. I'd say most people I've talked to about the album are pretty 50/50 on it, and every now and then I'll run into someone who loves it. At least we can agree it's better than Ressurection! Haha

17. Brandon Allin

I didn't love or hate Resurrection (or Radiosurgery), but I would definitely agree those are the band's two worst albums. Resurrection is an album I've always felt would have benefited heavily from the addition of a second guitarist. The songs just don't feel near as big as they should.

18. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Same here. They were absolutely my favorite band throughout basically my whole teenage years and into early adulthood and were basically my gateway into any kind of alternative music, but I haven't made the choice to listen to anything of theirs in a couple years. Not sure if it's because I think they declined in quality or just because I've mostly moved onto other genres of music.

Saw them live a couple times and they were absolutely fantastic and played about 25-30 songs each time, though.

19. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I really like a lot of Not Without a Fight, but can barely remember a single song off Radiosurgery and only listened to Resurrection once or twice. I also just don't really listen to them much anymore these days in general, though. I don't know if they've purely just become a nostalgia band and my tastes have moved away entirely from their sound, or my lack of interest in their recent releases has reverberated into a disinterest in their entire catalog.

20. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I was so disappointed in "Coming Home" when it was released, but as an adult pushing 30 it's grown to be one of my favorites.

Contender likes this.
  21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Hmm, now that I think about it, I sort of enjoyed that album.

22. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

It's definitely a solid album. It makes such a great spring/summer album.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Yes I do.

Pepetito likes this.
  24. Not Without A Fight is my second favorite NFG album, ha.

25. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

NWAF never struck a chord with me, unfortunately.