Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory to Release Deluxe Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. Fox83

Trusted

I love NFG bonus/b-side/extra tracks. Oftentimes they are better than many of the songs found on the full length album that preceeded them.

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Interesting concept changing the tracklist instead of just tacking it on The end. Only band I know that did that was Gob but it was a deluxe edition that came out the same time as the regular.

ilikedesigning and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. tomtom94

Trusted

Don't Panic (album) - Wikipedia

5. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I hope they promote this version of the album because I don’t feel like they did on the original release. They were too busy playing Album shows(not conplaining about the album shows). I want to hear see a proper Makes Me Sick support tour.

6. CAC3

Dog

Their 'Sick Tour' for the album starts next week. New Found Glory, Bayside, The Movielife, and Ryan Key from Yellowcard. Pretty stacked line-up if you are into that type of music. I will be at the Philadelphia date.

7. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Oh yeah I forgot all about that tour. Glad they’re doing it!

8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

A lot of bands do this(NFG already have in the past too)

Chiodos is another one that instantly comes to mind.

I'm not a fan of re-doing the tracklisting personally. I'd rather see bonus tracks at the end

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

They did this with Ressurrectiom too!

I love that because it makes it seem like they actually put thought and care into putting it out.

Larry David likes this.
  10. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

They left a 4th song that was recorded off this...wanted to hear all 14 Aaron Sprinkle-produced tracks from these sessions, but I'll definitely take these three new ones.

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

So is it only the 2k copies on vinyl for the deluxe ?

Looks like it’s mostly a digital release

12. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I bought the original on clearance at Urban Outfitters for $6, not sure there is a huge demand for a deluxe release.

13. Eml182

Regular

Blink 182 Neighborhoods did this as well

Colby Searcy and Dan O'Neill like this.
  14. tomtom94

Trusted

Not gonna lie if it wasn't good enough to even make it onto the deluxe edition it must be pretty bad

15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I don't understand how you get the vinyl version

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

It was better for it too
    Their IG story didn't really say anything

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Yeah, it didn't say anything about it. Hopeless doesn't have anything either.

18. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

That's one way to look at it. Another is it's actually a solid track they're holding onto for a future release (perhaps the oft-discussed b-sides collection they've said they want to release?)

Also, if it made it out of the demo stage to the studio sessions with a paid producer, it's gonna be a good song.

Colby Searcy and Nate_Johnson like this.
  19. dumpweed41

I'm backing the other guy. MMS is a great record, but 20 Years from Now was garbage and anything that didn't meet that songs standard does not deserve a release.

20. Lucas27

Trusted

Anberlin did this with Devotion. I rather liked it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

It annoys me when bands for whatever reason do kinda the opposite, though- put out a record (not “deluxe” or anything) but then leave off a song or two on the vinyl release for length. If they called the missing song version “the album” and then the digital version “deluxe” I think it would bother me less.

22. I thought the Resurrection remake kinda ruined an otherwise pretty solid 9/10 album. That new version of Ready and Willing was annoying, and the B-sides did nothing for me. Maybe this will be better? The clip of the first new track on Chad's IG story was cool.

23. Analog Drummer

Regular

I liked 20 Years From Now

Nate_Johnson and pbueddi like this.
  24. frenchzost

soundcloud.com/loserben

blink also did this with Neighborhoods

25. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

This band is long overdue for some sort of b-sides comp. There are still two from the Coming Home era I can't seem to find.