Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Punk’s STILL Not Dead Tour (New Found Glory/Less Than Jake/Hot Mulligan/LOLO) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sam_might_say, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Is there a ticket delay on the Anaheim show? Usually it tells you, but when I click to view nothing is there not even a timer

2. Xpertguy5

Trusted

With no other show in socal, I saw it coming too

3. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

If you’re trying to get tickets for the 2nd show, they go on sale at 4

4. Cmoney86

Trusted

chicago is sold out. a bunch of other dates are also sold out

pbueddi likes this.
  5. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Legitimately surprised Chicago sold out so quickly.

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

nfg sells out here on a regular basis. the last time simple plan came through they sold out and when they did the No Pads, No Helmets...Just Balls tour they sold out 2 nights at hob

7. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I know, I've been to a majority of the sold out NFG shows here, just didn't think it'd happen so quickly. Guess the nostalgia is strong with this one.

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Shocked at how quickly the NYC show sold out. A much bigger venue than either band usually plays too.

theasteriskera likes this.
  9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Minneapolis show is sold out except for Citi Cardmember tickets :(

GrantCloud and pbueddi like this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

Well if our baby doesn't come on time, I will have 2 extra tickets to that show lol.

11. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Does anyone think that Simple Plan would have loved to tour with NFG in 2002-05 but NFG probably stayed away in order to maintain their "cred"? Not sure if there any other oldies like me in this thread but during the early 00's there was a CLEAR division in the pop-punk hierarachy in terms of credibility, even if it all of it sounded mostly the same. People saw Simple Plan as being essentially a Disney band put together by a corporation whereas NFG was more, like, a "real" Band. Similar opinions were made about Good Charlotte whereas bands like Yellowcard got a pass. The whole thing was ridiculous and I'm glad we've grown out of it but I have to imagine this tour could have been a HUGE tour back in the day.

Nevertheless, I try not to make plans too far out so not sure I can attend the NYC date (and it's sold out) but if a ticket becomes available and I"m free, this would be a good time. Particularly since the venue is a 10 min subway ride for me.

marchofmarty and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  12. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Maybe it doesn't hold any bearing to the question, but they've been on several Warped Tours together

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

But NFG did a coheadliner with Good Charlotte in 2003, and I'd probably lump GC in the same bucket as Simple Plan.

That tour was huge, too. I saw it at the PNC Bank Art Center and it was sold out. Or at least my 14 year old brain thought it was sold out.
    It was crazy seeing a band play to a crowd of 19,000 with basically zero stage production.

14. DonnyFTW

Regular

This reminded me of Sum 41 doing an interview on tv here in Canada in the early 00's where a clip of Simple Plan was played where they basically thank Sum 41 for opening the doors to taking Canadian bands seriously and Sum 41 basically brushed it off saying they don't like Simple Plan but if people are into them then that's cool.

15. Phil507

I was at the same tour. I was up in college so I had to see the Rochester, NY date. Oddly enough it played Hammerstein in the city which is....a different vibe from PNC. Your note about the zero stage production is funny because this was pre-smartphone era so the idea of going and seeing a live band was like...ENOUGH...for people's attention haha.

To your note about GC, I guess they had a pre-established relationship since (and this is REALLY showing my years), both GC and NFG OPENED for Fenix TX in the fall of 2000.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  16. Phil507

Yeah, that never holds any bearing otherwise there's no way bands like Pennywise, Bad Religion would be appearing on the same bills as the likes of Simple Plan, Something Corporate, etc. (For the record, I like all 4 bands). My larger point is that Simple Plan was a band that, to the eyes of many, suddenly popped up and were on top 40 radio. No one realized they were in another band in Canada before and their debut was actually out for a full year before they got any sort of promotional support.

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Yeah very true. I'm with you & like the more "punk" side & the more radio friendlly stuff, it's weird that there was such a stigma about all that. I remember finding out about Reset & diving into that like a decade ago, I need to again.

18. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

Yeah and NFG has stated several times that they wrote Catalyst (at least the heavy songs) in response to that tour because they didn't want to be put in the same group as Good Charlotte and did it to separate themselves.

19. pbueddi

Trusted

I mean, all these bands had top 40 hits at some point.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Jeez, NFG, Good Charlotte AND Fenix TX on the same bill? That's like the holy grail of pop punk for the aughts.

21. Phil507

Played Bowery Ballroom in the fall of 2000.

22. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I thought the tour before that was better.

NFG/Finch/Something Corporate/Further Seems Forever

manoverboard365 likes this.
  23. manoverboard365

Trusted

I went to that one too! It was at Roseland Ballroom in NYC in 2002. FSF dropped off our date for some reason and I was really bummed.
    That was also my first real GA show, and I remember right when Finch started a huge circle pit opened up and I was terrified lol.

Brent likes this.
  24. fbrrocks

Trusted

nyc is not sold out i just went on and could buy a ticket

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh weird, was it a regular ticket or a resale? Jordan had posted on Instagram that it was sold out.