Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory/Real Friends/The Early November/Doll Skin Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I think I like Composure more at this point - but it is hard. There are a few corny ass songs on that record. Some great songs for sure, but a few filler. Bsides are better.

2. J12

Trusted Supporter

I was at the Boston show Sunday night. NFG was my favorite band for years and I used to see them a lot, but this was the first time since 2012 or 2013. Haven't cared for the last two records so I wound up skipping those tours.

They were fantastic. Haven't missed a beat. The covers were a lot of fun, Jordan's rudimentary cosplay was hilarious. All around great set.

Real Friends are sort of the only post-2010 pop punk I've gotten into at all, primarily because of Composure. I didn't think they sounded particularly great, especially Dan, though he improved as the set progressed. The crowd was absolutely dead. It didn't feel to me like they had any idea who any of the bands other than NFG were. That runs totally counter to my experience with NFG shows in Boston in the past, where the crowd is usually wild from the onset all the way through. Some of those old tours were total marathons on the guardrail. I hung back for this on the raised area by the bar and had a great view, and there was hardly any movement the whole night, including NFG.

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Last night's show in NYC was amazing. It was humbling to see the crowd so into The Early November. I'm a fan of Real Friends' new record, but they sounded pretty bad last night. Too many technical difficulties, and Dan's voice sounded torn to shreds.
    As always, NFG absolutely killed it.

theasteriskera likes this.
  4. Jusscali

I went back and listened to some of my videos and Real Friends really did suck in Boston lol.

5. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I wanted to go to NYC last night but couldn’t justify the money for bands I’ve seen 5+ times each... after the ticket,getting across the Hudson & 2-3 insanely overpriced PlayStation Theater beers it would’ve been close to $100. Never seen Doll Skin though,anybody get to a show early & catch their set?

6. Jusscali

They are an all girl punk band. She can sing and they are super tight sonically, but not my cup of t.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just realized they didnt play Dressed to Kill or Failure's Not Flattering last night. Interesting that they skipped two of their singles, but it was cool that they included some rarer song like It's Not Your Fault and Summer Fling.

I've seen NFG like a dozen times, and I think this was actually the first time they played a song from Coming Home. It's my favorite album of theirs, wish they'd show it more love.

joe.boy.fresh. and SaveTheEarth like this.
  8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Agreed 100%. I saw them back during the Coming Home cycle and it was awesome being able to see Coming Home, Not Your Fault, Hold My Hand, and On My Mind live

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

Seeing this tonight! Excited to see Real Friends even after 6+ years worth of shows. NFG is always a blast as well

10. Jackbo487

Regular

They definitely don't really seem to play Dressed To Kill on a regular basis, at least from my experience over the past 15+ years of seeing shows...

kman22 likes this.
  11. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Jackbo487 likes this.
  12. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

i think the minneapolis show sold out, i really wish i bought tickets when they were $25 dammit

13. Jackbo487

Regular

14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Well considering they did 2 tours of playing full albums and anniversaries...at this point if you haven't heard a song you wanted to hear that's on you

Ben Buchnat, Brent, Jackbo487 and 2 others like this.
  15. Damnit!

16. bkaeser93

Trusted

NFG and The Early November are playing for free July 15th at Jannus Live in St Pete looks I’m going

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. m32137

Regular

Cool. Wonder if it's gonna be the Summer tour set or a different one since it's technically a radio fest/show.

18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Wanted to go to this mostly for TEN but the vibe in this thread seems to indicate that holding out for a headliner is a better idea?

Indifferent on NFG, walked out from their tour last year after seeing the movielife and bayside and half of their set and definitely not a fan of real friends.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing this tonight!

20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Could you possibly grab pics of both Early November and Real Friends merch please? :)

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

TEN was great and the cherry on top of getting to see NFG

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The merch area at this venue is kind of a shit show but if I remember I’ll try!

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

5E9448AE-05A4-4035-B070-456AB199EF81.jpeg 33957C0E-ABD8-4BFD-8B7C-E58A8C1B5EAA.jpeg

Sorry, this is all I was able to get. TEN also had Imbue on vinyl. RF had some vinyl and Kyle’s poetry book.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

NFG was amazing as always. Such a fun show. Real friends was ok, Dan’s voice sounded pretty rough.

Also, I saw someone in a Chorus shirt but didn’t get a chance to say hi.

25. pbueddi

Trusted

I wonder if that was me lol. Was it the dark gray t-shirt with the chorus logo in the middle? Had such a fun time though. Thought it was a great setlist overall, and they did a really nice job with the stage set-up.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.