Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory - Forever and Ever x Infinity (June 19, 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zackotronic, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Haha. I think that thrice album leaked super super early too

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Oh yeah, that was a huge deal when Beggars leaked early.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wonder if they'll change the release date now

Doubt it but at least they didn't announce it and could come up with a plan lol

Also not a big fan of the single, it's fine but a little cringey. Definitely their worst lead single in awhile or maybe ever

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I enjoy the Bulls/Jordan, Pippen, Rodman reference because I'm a giant Bulls fan and grew up in that Bulls era. So many great memories.

Got another listen in this morning before heading to work and I enjoy it. I don't mind if its a throwback album. When I think of NFG I think of this style and the energy involved. It's what they're known for above anything else. Don't get me wrong either. I LOOOOVE Coming Home and Makes Me Sick was a nice change of pace. This new album is just who NFG is to me.

cbronder1 likes this.
  5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Man, I'm sad to say it but I have to agree. It actually sounds more like the era from Radiosurgery to Resurrection (a couple of my least favorite releases from them) but with substantially worse lyrics.

There are some cool moments, but eh... I typically know if I really like an NFG album or not pretty early on in the listening process and this one didn't do much for me.

FTank likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I know they've always had some goofy (and sometimes terrible) lyrics, but this one was full of instances where I had to stop and think, "Did he really just say that or did I just imagine that?" Like a chorus line about having his fat rolls hanging over the side of his jeans.

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

oh no

9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Oh my god – what?

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The song is "Double Chin for the Win" so I guess the theme is summed up in the chorus. haha.

You could have any other guy
    And haven't you heard
    the awful things they say about me?

You could have any other guy
    And can't you see
    my sides hang over my jeans?

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Jesus Christ.

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I should've known based on some of these terrible song titles that the lyrics would follow suit.

13. Anyone know if Will Pugh was involved in anything beside the early demos on this? I really want to see him work on a 'big name' release -- he's been getting really good behind the boards.

I really liked what was going on with "Puzzles" and my love for Makes Me Sick is well documented at this point. This feels like 2001 alright. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. And I too double-taked at quite a few lyrical moments.

sonder, beachdude, FTank and 5 others like this.
  14. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

“Puzzles” had this throw back sound without the levels of cringe that these lyrics are delivering.

Still annoyed that “Makes Me Sick” got such a raw deal and wasn’t really supported. Will now join “Coming Home” in their top tier that’s overlooked live.

beachdude, btr and bobby_runs like this.
  15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

100% agree.

bobby_runs likes this.
  16. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

When I think of NFG I think of S/T, S&S, and Catalyst.

We have those. We don't need the same band revisiting the same sound.

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure. Just checked his socials and looks like the most recent thing he worked on was an EP with a small pop punk band called Goalkeeper. Agreed I'd like to see him work on something "bigger". FTSTYS 3 sounded great.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. I'm very curious what happened behind the scenes. Often this means someone clicked the wrong button in iTunes Connect (or whatever they're calling the artist portal thing these days), I never was able to figure out what happened when this happened to Bon Iver and who was at fault.

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Listening to "Makes Me Sick" makes me even angrier they basically ignored it live.

FTank likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Does a service like Apple Music usually get the whole album when the album first shows up on the service? I would have thought they would just get the singles and then the full album much closer to the release date, but I honestly have no clue how any of that distribution works.

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I don't even think it's inherently a bad thing that it's a throwback style. I like when bands just make the albums they want to make whether that be revisiting an old sound or trying to evolve..... I just don't really think most of these songs are that good. They just feel awkward to me or something, and those lyrics definitely don't help.

beachdude and FTank like this.
  22. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

let’s be honest, where can NFG even go from here?

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Beyond this, any guess as to how the whole album besides ONE song would have gotten uploaded? It's even more odd that track 7 got duplicated in the process.

24. Kuri44

This comes out on my birthday!

Wish it wouldn’t have leaked

25. I'm not sure if it's still what is used, I haven't done anything like this in a long time, but iTunes Producer is how music usually is submitted and delivered. I haven't used it in forever and so I don't know if it requires all the tracks now, but I doubt it, since I've seen a lot of artists do the whole Track 1, Track 6, thing where they don't get named in the metadata and then it all gets changed later as new singles get added.

I'm sure there's more information about how it all works here: Overview - Music - iTunes Connect Resources and Help

beachdude and SmithBerryCrunch like this.