Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory - Forever and Ever x Infinity (June 19, 2020) Album • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zackotronic, Feb 9, 2020.

1. James Lewis

A lot more songs are starting to grow on me now. Slipping Away, The Way You Deserve, Stay Awhile, Birthday Song, Like I Never Existed, Nothing to Say, I'm finding myself humming along to as I listen, to add to GOAT, Double Chin, Jason Voorhees.

Not too keen on Himalaya, not that it's a poor song or anything I'm just not big on the heavier stuff. I can see why people who like the more hardcore element of NFG would like it. But whenever a band put out a song and say something like "this is probably the heaviest song we have ever recorded"I groan inwardly as I prefer catchy to heavy.

More and More is a little bit dreary and ploddy.

cbronder1 and pbueddi like this.
  2. sooner518

Regular

this sounds like a russian bot

dustman likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It’s actually Chad.

dustman, pauljgreco, FTank and 3 others like this.
  4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Burner account.

pauljgreco likes this.
  5. Dmitriy E.

Lol, no. I just create this account to leave my opinion

6. James Lewis

Going back to the Chad thing and his apparently being not the best of people, I've read a few times that Sound of Two Voices is his admitting to cheating on Hayley. Despite the fact he has said himself the song is about how what might be great for one person might not be so good for another. Plus, around the time Makes Me Sick was released, Hayley tweeted saying it was her favourite song on the album. I'm not sure someone would name a song where their husband admits to cheating on them as one of her favourite songs. Also, not every song is autobiographical. A member of New Found Glory most likely did not wake up in a waiting room with a taste of blood and a clouded view, or wake up on a Saturday morning and refuse to look in the mirror because they didn't want to see their face that day.

He might have cheated on her, or he might not but I'd be very surprised if he openly admitted to it in song.

Back to the topic at hand, really getting into Trophy these last few days. Such a catchy song. Even if as mentioned before the lyrics are slightly jarring.

7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Why? I’ve experienced both of these things myself. I get the point you’re trying to make, but those are odd examples to cherry-pick.

8. a lack of color

Regular

I don’t have the receipts on him cheating on Hayley, though I know others do, and it’s not from assuming from any song lyrics. However, it is an indisputable fact that he cheated on his first wife, that’s how he and Hayley got together.

irthesteve and Carrow like this.
  9. Dmitriy E.

i think strange line "Until I met you and now you're my trophy I hope I didn't objectify you" about the term sexual objectification, non standard term of this word

10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

he definitely cheated on her lol

Carrow likes this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I listened to this again for the first time since my initial listen. Still does pretty much nothing for me unfortunately. I still can't get over some of the lyrics and it's definitely way too long. The Way You Deserve is pretty catchy and may be my favorite on the album.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i think himalaya was the only song i can recall liking

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Like, I really can't understand how so many people thought singing about leaving napkins in a glovebox was a good idea.

14. Jackbo487

Regular

well, maybe they all eat way too much in the car and could relate? idk

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  15. bobby_runs

Musically it's some of their career best

16. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

The singles the only one I've been coming back to

17. bobby_runs

IDK why they went with the bulls.

Could have done 72 'Fins
    01 Canes

So weird since they still throw Florida on their merch

18. pbueddi

Trusted

The album is the definition of "fine" to me. I like it enough I suppose, but nothing truly stands out. But yes the lyrics are their own issue altogether.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

How long is the album in minutes?

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

2 long

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I really like seeing these pop punk bands doing 15 track albums. NFG, Blink and All Time Low come to mind.

Their songs aren’t too long and the lyrical content isn’t usually too heavy or draining. And these kind of bands tend to do deluxe versions anyway, so why not just avoid doing that and put it all out at once.

I often listen to Coming Home with all the bsides from it and really enjoy it.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It’s special when an artists or band can make a 10 track or less album work. It’s difficult to do in this genre, but recently I’d say the new Jimmy Eat World and Sum 41 albums pull it off. Other than that, I prefer more tracks.

The new Nada Surf album does it well too.

pbueddi likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

48 mins but that's with the duplicate track. So around there depending how long the missing song is

Which is too long

24. bobby_runs

What do you mean its difficult in this genre? It should be even easier. Most of the bands in this genre can't sustain a good album that is over 11 songs.

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

If a band you listen to can’t make an 11+ song album you like, maybe you’re not as much of a fan of the band as you are a fan of a few songs.

I kind of have a set standard/hope for album length from different bands. Some of this comes from history, average track length, ability to have that set of songs tie you over for two years, if I band check the stylistic variety boxes, if things sound too similar, depth of the content and so on.