Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory - Forever and Ever x Infinity (June 19, 2020) Album • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zackotronic, Feb 9, 2020.

1. dzyjay

Regular

I love all new found glory albums but prefer there fast hard hitting stuff. Will I enjoy this? I don’t have a computer so can’t get the leak but love the first single.

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Makes Me Sick is the band’s most focused album since Coming Home.

This new one is a fun listen, mainly because of the energy and urgency in the music, but as a whole it could honestly pass as an album full of unreleased songs over the years.

CAC3, pbueddi and Kuri44 like this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

if you can look past some of the lyrics then you’ll enjoy this.

333 GANG likes this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

The Black Parade and Kuri44 like this.
  5. Heron182

Regular

Kuri44 likes this.
  6. Heron182

Regular

Agreed such a great album

y2jayjk, MRose24 and SFguitar like this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So is the first single representative of the quality of this? Cause I thought it was really good.

333 GANG likes this.
  8. DannyZach

Trusted

I have this on repeat since Sunday...I’ll be in minority here but I gotta say I already love it WAY more than Makes Me Sick.Its just so fast and great for gym....But also English is not my first language so Iam not big on lyrics and really focus just on way the record sound and I prefer those hard hitting drums and breakdowns more than synths.Also believe or not I do really enjoy some of these ,,strange” melodies.I don’t know,Iam just happy with this album big time

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yup. Pretty much.

cbronder1 likes this.
  10. Dog Fish

Mutt

Here's my hot/bad/unpopular take: I'm not a fan of Makes Me Sick at all. While the songs are admittedly fun, jordan's vocals hurt my ears - it sounds so fake - like someone who doesn't sing like jordan, laying a chipmunk filter over themselves to try and sound like jordan. Even if there is zero vocal manipulation to his vocals - it sounds like there is to me. It's too much.

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Jordan sounded best in 06 and 07. Everything recorded during Coming Home (the album, b-sides/demos, holiday song) and FTSTYS II are such a high for him. And it STILL sounds like him.

trevorshmevor and cbronder1 like this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

I enjoyed Makes Me Sick for what it was, had a handful of really cool songs, but it’s near the bottom of their discography with Resurrection and Radiosurgery for me. That isn’t to say it’s a bad record, I genuinely don’t think this band has one to their name, but it didn’t quite grab me the way several others have.

I haven’t listened to the leak yet, so I have no idea where this one will fall on the spectrum for me.

cbronder1 likes this.
  13. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Kickdrum sound is really bothering me...and the fact that a lot of these songs sound like decent NFG b-sides.

14. abear182

Regular

I wonder what happened to Puzzles! Honestly that songs stands out above anything on the album.

15. pbueddi

Trusted

What's everyone's opinion on the final track? I was listening to it last night and was really enjoying it.

bobby_runs likes this.
  16. Jackbo487

Regular

it's one of the tunes on the record that stays in my head the most, 5-6 listens in ...

pbueddi likes this.
  17. Kuri44

Everything after Track 8 loses me.

18. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Everything before track 8 sounds half-developed. Except maybe the first song. That one slaps.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This album has only been good for the gym/running. It’s fun, fast, and has some breakdowns I enjoy. I like Radiosurgery more though. Mainly bc that album seems to have more of an identity and they were clearly shooting for something.

Even on their least popular albums they always have a handful of tracks that stand out in their entire catalog of songs. I’m just not seeing that with this album...yet. I ended up just throwing the most enjoyable tracks onto my NFG playlist. So at least that makes me happy to have some new NFG on that playlist lol.

pbueddi likes this.
  20. pbueddi

Trusted

Nothing To Say might be my favorite as of right now. The only problem is that it's one of the shorter tracks on the album.

Kuri44 likes this.
  21. sooner518

Regular

honestly, that was the last album by them that I really enjoyed.

22. Kuri44

I think Stay Awhile would make a good single choice. Intro and chorus give me major FUCT vibes. It’s like a perfect mix of a NFG/early FOB song.

Like I Never Existed would be as well. That song sounds the most like something off of s/t.

pbueddi likes this.
  23. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Himalya gives me Catalyst vibes

Jackbo487 and pbueddi like this.
  24. Dmitriy E. Feb 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2020)
    Dmitriy E.

About "Double Chin for the Win". Come on, this is pop-punk. Remember "Happy Holidays, You bastard" by blink-182. I find no reason to swear. "Greatest of all Time" have so much good lyrics, love this track! Can't wait for 29th may

25. Wat

Kuri44, Allhailburnzy and FTank like this.