Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory - Forever and Ever x Infinity (June 19, 2020) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zackotronic, Feb 9, 2020.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Really? Cause there are plenty of non conservatives here. And there’s conservatives in California. And there’s non conservatives in Texas.
    Basically this.

Colby Searcy and bachna84 like this.
  2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

If Long Island wasn’t part of NY state it’d be dark red.

Dan Quinlan likes this.
  3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

we need a map update

Kyle Max and The Black Parade like this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

I saw this tweet earlier and legit LOLd

bachna84 likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ok, decided to check out the leak finally.

Also, can we get the thread title updated? It's driving me nuts lol.

btr likes this.
  6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Even in CA there are VERY conservative people. That's such a dumb thing to bring up.

333 GANG likes this.
  7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

After my first listen through, this did pretty much nothing for me. Nothing stood out to me and it's way too long.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

After listening to the album a few times, I'm starting to come around just a little bit (minus some of the lyrics still). I will again say it would probably be a lot better as a shorter album. I get a sense of Not Without A Fight mixed with Radiosurgery at times. Still middle of the road at best though as far as discography rank though.

9. David Smith

I ran it back and while I think there are definitely some great tracks, it does not take the risks that made Makes Me Sick great. Still nice that they were going for a return to the earlier sound.

pbueddi likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I, in fact, have spilled a drink on a friend’s white vans. She was pissed, I apologized, then I bought her a new pair.

I relate to the lyrics of Trophy in that sense.

11. broken22

(:

After a few listens I find this album to be pure crap.

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It seems like any time this band takes anything remotely resembling a "risk" they piss their pants and make a really safe, bad album immediately after. Frustrating.

FTank, btr, mmhmm and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Same here. "Nothing to Say" and "Do You Want to Settle Down?" sound a lot like Radiosurgery, and "Himalaya" would have fit on Not Without a Fight.

Even with albums I don't quite like as much like Radiosurgery and Resurrection, I still find a handful of songs that I love. I don't find that nearly as much on this album which is shocking considering there are 15 songs. They all just fall into the category of being "just okay" aside from maybe two or three.

pbueddi likes this.
  14. pbueddi

Trusted

Perfectly said.

15. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Has a band ever scrapped an album because it leaked super early and the fans didn't like it? Sounds like NFG should do it.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The very small number of posters on this forum are an extremely small portion of the band's fans lol. A lot don't even know it leaked.

Colby Searcy and bobby_runs like this.
  17. Dog Fish

Mutt

I don't know what y'all are talking about. THIS ALBUM FUCKING RIPPPPPPSSS! Probably my new top NFG record. Track by track review:

1) Shook By Your Shaved Head - Awesome opener. Very reminiscent of old NFG. Not much else to say.

2) Greatest of all time - this song has single written all over it. I can see myself singing this song for YEARS to come. Sorta reminds me of the first single from Sticks and Stones.

3) Double Chin - A little more mid-tempo. Cool riff. Also sorta reminiscent of Sticks and Stones. Weird...hmm.

4) Nothing to Say - Super fast punk song. Love it. Sounds just like Something I Call Personal-

oh. wait a second. I'm listening to Sticks and Stones lol. Oops.

18. BTDandFeelingThis

[​IMG]

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Not Without a Fight is this band’s most underrated album.

y2jayjk, 333 GANG and pbueddi like this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Agreed. I haven’t listened to it in a few years, but I always really enjoyed that record.

AlwaysEvolving21 and kyle like this.
  21. Kuri44

Giving this another spin, chilling with my dog right now and it just hit me that we’ve been doing this since Catalyst. It’s kind of been a tradition lol. The First NFG album that he won’t be around for will definitely make me teary eyed

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

I have no idea what your dog that’s still alive even looks like and I just got emotional

23. Kuri44

This is Tobey. He just turned 16 on February 4 and he’s an angel:heart:
    upload_2020-2-13_18-59-16.jpeg

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Man this album is such a step down from Makes Me Sick. Maybe like 3 songs I really enjoy ?

25. BTDandFeelingThis

AlwaysEvolving21 and Kuri44 like this.