Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Finish Recording New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Damn, with Aaron Sprinkle?! This is the first time I've actually been excited for a new NFG in quite a while.

3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I would have to say that even though NFG have only minimally changed their sound throughout their career, they continue to make enjoyable albums. Looking forward to this one. Resurrection was good but I'm hoping for something a little more like Not Without a Fight.

bradsonemanband and Jake Z like this.
  4. Eml182

Regular

Wonder if they'll get a little bit closer to the Coming Home era with this one. Seems to be the thing to do with bands after they knee jerk away from a different direction and then re-discover it.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Aaron Sprinkle? Great producer, but surprising choice. I'm gonna guess that means more of a Coming Home feel, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

6. pbueddi

Trusted

always excited for new music from these guys.

7. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Aaron Sprinkle produces heavy music, too, guys.

But I didn't know this was happening and I'm really excited for it.

Jake Z likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Sprinkle is a silly last name.

Looking forward to this. Hope I enjoy it more than Resurrection.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  9. Jake Z

Regular

Interesting producer choice. I will always enjoy NFG but wasn't a big fan of Coming Home. I hope it's not a copy of that sound.

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Not Nervous Anymore would be a decent title.

11. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Oh wow, Sprinkle? That could be cool.

Or a clusterfuck, who knows.

12. BleedingDodgerBlue

May release then?? Always excited for new NFG. Next needs to be another cover record, they are due for one.

13. CMilliken

Trusted

I can only think of what this band would sound like had they continued to explore the Coming Home path. IMO Coming Home is one of their best albums. Haven't really been excited for a NFG release since then. The following albums have been good. Some definitely better than others. Kinda hope they move back to the Coming Home sound.

jeff.dart likes this.
  14. beckerm6

FUCKKKK YEASSSSSS

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Very much looking forward to this.

16. I dunno... They did that Ramones cover album just a few years ago. Still too soon for another covers album, IMO.

17. jeff.dart

Regular

what the what aaron sprinkle? cool! i hope he can right the ship for them, wasn't too into the last two records.

18. jeff.dart

Regular

yeah, the fan base is a fair bit older now, so i think it'd resonate really well now if it didn't before.

CMilliken and marceting like this.
  19. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Honestly, hearing that they went with Sprinkle gives me a huge amount of hope for a great 9th record.

20. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Like Lift a Sail? No thank you.

21. jeff.dart

Regular

Lift a Sail is one of yellowcard's best albums, so yeah.

22. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Yeah, I am aware that he does heavy bands as well. I just don't see him taking them in a Ressurection or NWAF direction, and that's the vein I wish they'd keep. But I could totally be wrong. He is a great producer, so I'm happy about that, just totally caught off guard that he did a NFG record.

23. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Because she has absolutely no reason to be biased lol.

24. sebastianrcgr

yup, it really is. this band is more than just Ocean Avenue or Southern Air, S/t and Lift a Sail are amazing records. people stuck wishing they still wrote another OA or SA should be ashamed because I feel that's partly why they feel the need to disband..

25. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

As far as an example of a veteran pop-punk band Sprinkle has produced, check out Secret Weapon by MxPx. NFG needs a kick in the rear for this one so I hope Aaron is able to help them achieve that.

BornToRun likes this.