Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory / Bayside / The Movielife / Ryan Key Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 16, 2018.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Might be ACCESS

Good Mourning likes this.
  2. Cmoney86

Trusted

If you have the live nation app you don’t need one that’s how I got mine

3. Good Mourning

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Just bought two tix to the LA date. Woo. It'll be the 6th different city I will have seen them in

5. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Have fun! The Wiltern is one of - if not my favorite - venue in the city!

Floor or balcony?

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My girlfrend got us tix for the Tuesday Chicago show and a solo ticket for herself on Monday. She's never been to a show by herself and NFG is her all-time fav. So proud of her.

joe.boy.fresh. and Turkeylegz like this.
  7. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Floor.

Which one would you have suggested? Can we still get a good POV if we are in the back on the floor?

8. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'm curious why you think that. I really dislike going to the Wiltern because of how they often limit who is allowed to go into the bottom sections of the pit area. I've had shows there when I've had to arrive after the doors opened and got stuck with a terrible spot in the back of the pit because the front sections were closed off to people with wristbands (who were there early to get them).

9. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Floor for sure! Balcony is good, but the floor is really big and has several tiered sections. You can have a decent view from the back, but I'd recommend being at least two or three sections down. If you're going for the whole bill, like I am, just go there early and stake your place towards the front!

Only complaint I would legitimately lodge against the place is the food/drink pricing. Pretty sure I paid $15 for a whiskey & coke one time, which even by LA standards is ridiculous. I'd say just eat well before you go, only buy water if you need to. Plus, it's in Koreatown, there's plenty of cool ass places to eat afterwards! (L.A. is also pretty strict about their 11pm show curfew, so you can plan around that.)

The decor for one. I love you can tell it used to be an old movie palace back in the day. Two, I've always found the sound and the overall vibe top tier. Every time I went, the bands brought it 100%, and the crowd brought it 110%. It reminds me of The Showbox, my favorite venue in Seattle (where I started going to shows.)

I know what you're talking about with wristbands and the pit, but I never worked the courage up to try and jump in since I usually arrived right before the headliner. I did okay with the spots I chose. Plus, I don't know how much height factors into it for you, but I'm fairly tall, so that might be part of it.

I'm catching them this summer at the Showbox SoDo - down the street from the Showbox - and not my favorite place. It's quite clearly a converted warehouse, which is good for holding a lot of people, but it's entirely flat and not a good consideration for allowing everyone a good view. Still, I'll be pitting, so hopefully it won't bother me too much. (Bothered me a whole lot when I caught Third Eye Blind there last winter.)

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

tickets bought. calling this the NFG kickoff summer show for myself. Sunday before memorial day..outisde at asbury park? hells to the yea

Emokid79 likes this.
  11. Emokid79

Regular

Another summer and another NFG show, I'm starting to lose track of how many times i've seen them in the summer. I love it!!!!

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Cinci date is going up against Bunbury. Would be a shame if they went up against Blink

Emokid79 likes this.
  13. Emokid79

Regular

yeah i have a few friends freaking out about that. i'm going to NFG no matter what on Saturday and Bunbury Friday and Sunday.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  14. The doors for the Jersey show are at 3:30? When would it end, then? 8:30?

15. mikeb1124

Regular

More stuff announced very soon for this show

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

marceting and Fronnyfron like this.
  17. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Hot damn

18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

SONOFABITCH!! What I wouldn’t give for Crime in Stereo!

19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Just bought the special Bayside VIP coffee hangout thing for Anaheim. I wasn't totally sure about it at first, but I really can't say no to hanging out with my favorite band over a cup of coffee.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

GEM37 likes this.
  21. domotime2

Huh so that's gonna be a fun as fuck show. Yay I'm going

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. bkaeser93

Trusted

NFG always skips Tampa, I’m going to try and hit up the Orlando date.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Emokid79 likes this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

25. domotime2

These guys are tour marketing legends. Now they're finding ways to make individual stops on a tour feel like mini festivals

alkalinexandy likes this.