Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory / Bayside / The Movielife / Ryan Key Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 16, 2018.

1. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I’ll admit that I’m being snarky, but I’m 99% positive that’s how it’s gonna go down. Saw William Beckett open of Motion City on their CTTM tour, he had a decent amount of original material too, but he played one original and everything else was Academy Is... songs.

To my mind, there’s no way that a crowd this big is gonna have patience to see Ryan play anything but the hits, and I’m pretty sure he knows that. He might have more flexibility doing a smaller tour of his own.

I dunno, unless he’s been doing a lot of original stuff at his own small appearances lately (as far as I’m aware, he’s only played Emo Nights so far.)

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'd be pretty surprised. Vacancy would still be only about 21 months old by the time this tour starts and I haven't heard or seen anything about them writing or recording anything. I think if a new album were in the near future, they'd be headlining instead of playing support.

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Worth noting that NFG is apparently releasing a deluxe edition of Make Yourself Sick around the same time as this tour (entitled Make Yourself Sicker), and a 7-inch with "20 Years From Now" and two unreleased tracks... They're part of the VIP pre-sale on this.

I'm guessing the 7-inch tracks will also be on the deluxe version of the record.

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Jordan’s post says the Ryan will do guitar and whatever else is needed. So obviously we’ll get more MMS and hopefully more Coming Home stuff. After performing that album they have to know what songs the crowd likes from that album.

It will be interesting to see what songs get in the mix after the year of touring on their old material. Will we see songs that weren’t getting much play before ?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

How funny is it that NFG is already releasing a deluxe edition of that record when they still haven't done a proper tour in support of the album yet. Since they spent all of last year doing 20 Year stuff, this will be the first one.

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I didn't even think of it that way... But you're right. Honestly, it probably makes a lot of sense for them to release a deluxe edition though. Gives the album "new life."

Hopefully the previously unreleased stuff is decent. Something tells me they'll play at least one of the new tracks from that release.

So long as they play "Call Me Anti-Social" from the new record, though? I'll be good.

Had the same thought about older material! Hopefully they give some of the "standards" a break instead of some tracks they don't typically play.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  7. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Very excited for this. It's been 10 years since the first NFG/Bayside tour and happy they ate touring together again. The Movielife will be a lot of fun as well and this is at the best venue in Portland.

8. jordanjohnson09

Regular

the tour vip seems pretty underwhelming for being $100

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I just saw his announcement tweet about the tour so it looks like it may me more solo than YC stuff.

and this:

10. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Gotta be wishful here and say maybe just maybe this is an opportunity for him to play Rough Draft acoustic live. That's always been my favorite Yellowcard song.

11. GEM37

She haunts the roads

...okay, so I may be wrong.

When this tour comes to the west coast it’ll be in the latter half, will be curious to see what the ratio of original to YC songs is over the course of the tour.

12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

haha these guys are the motherfucking kings!!! i told my buddy that their next tour should and will be a tour with solid openers...and a summer dealio (i suggested a sum41 coheadline) but this works well.

NFG knows how to somehow, someway keep their tours always fresh and interesting. they just played every album ever in random order for the past year or so... and now its time for a big bopper pop punk tour where they (hopefully) play new songs.

and this is at summerstage in asbury..and its a day after my birthday... hEYOOO (sunday of memorial day weekend)

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

NFG + Sum 41 would be awesome. Sum 41 thinks they're a hard rock band for some reason though

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This entire post is spot-on! I'm not always into the openers, but it always makes perfect sense. This one, though, was definitely a tour for the "old" fans.

I was all about going to see them at Summerstage, because nothing feels better than New Found glory outdoors in the summertime... But it's the same weekend as Boston Calling. So I'm waiting to see how the day-by-day for that shakes out...

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

i wish there was a 2 day pass for Chicago

16. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

To be fair, they do have some dope hard rock-ish tunes.

17. Darth Annihilus

Regular

The Chuck songs are so good

18. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Yeah I always felt Sum41 were best when they let their metal influences shine

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

After all, Sum 41 was nominated for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance at the Grammys a few years ago...

JaytotheGee and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  20. LocalMike

Presale 10 am today

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

I got a floor ticket for night one in Chicago

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Can't reiterate how excited I am for this tour! Now that I know I can skip Sunday of Boston Calling, I may convince a friend to drive to Jersey with me to see it at the Asbury Park Summerstage too...

23. Jackbo487

Regular

I noticed they did away with the pre-show meet & greet/signing in lieu of just a signed poster

24. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

got balcony for Toronto cause I am old

25. Good Mourning Jan 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2018)
    Good Mourning

Does anyone have the livenation presale code for Chicago?