Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory / Bayside / The Movielife / Ryan Key Tour • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 16, 2018.

1. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

Yeah but aside from those 5-6 songs (Understatement, ADFH, Failure's Not Flattering ETC) they ALWAYS mix up their set list every tour. Even when they play back-to-back nights like they did in Chicago this tour they changed things up. You can always expect to hear a handful of different deep cuts everytime you see NFG.

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

It’s not the songs themselves that people dislike, it’s the fact that they have a setlist that never changes that people have the problem with, which is completely understandable.

Even if it was your favorite band ever that you loved to pieces, wouldn’t you get bored seeing the same songs live every time you saw them?

There’s no issue with NFG playing hits/a couple of the same songs because they make the effort of switching up their setlist every tour. Bayside isn’t doing that, with the exception of like one or two songs

SEMUSIC likes this.
  3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Are they popular enough to have played them at every show for over a decade? Absolutely not.

And you cannot compare two non-singles to New Found Glory's two biggest songs lol. Come on.

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Repeating a few songs from tour to tour and year to year is fine and commonplace. But Bayside’s setlist has been like 80%+ the same for years now. They have a massive catalog with a LOT of material they literally never ever play. It’s crazy.

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"Failure's Not Flattering" was a single off their second-biggest album. Keep trying though.

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

At the end of the day, I can't imagine remotely enjoying playing the same set Bayside has been for like 15 years. I think their fans have told them they want more, but they don't listen.

Shrug.

7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Have you seen their Vegas residency setlist? If their setlist was like that on tour I’d be much more enthusiastic to see them again

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

id drop my pants for anything from shudder

SEMUSIC and Drewski like this.
  9. danielm123

Trusted

I mean, I love Bayside and will continue to see them whenever they come to NYC, but I'd much prefer they create setlists similar to a band like the Wonder Years (5-6 songs from the most recent album, maybe 1-2 from the first couple, but generally very heavy on new material). Vacancy is one of my favorite albums of their's and I've seen only a handful of songs off of it live

SEMUSIC likes this.
  10. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yes I have and it’s so much better then what they play on their normal tours and if they tour with a setlist like Vegas I would most def see them

11. Darth Annihilus

Regular

What did Cyrus pick? I'm curious if it was a song not on the wheel

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Resurrection.

Darth Annihilus likes this.
  13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

my issue with bayside during the few times ive seen them live is that, well, they're just missing that 'it' factor with me live. They're one of those scene bands that i really grew to like because of his voice, because of shudder and killing time, but its just not clicking when i see them live for some reason.

it could be that there are like 15 bayside songs i like...and the rest i honestly dont care for too...so its very hit or miss

14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

So my show has doors at 6:30. Start time an hour later. Is Ryan going on at 7 or 7:30? Mainly want to catch Movielife and NFG

15. sr6171

At my show it was doors at 6:30 and Ryan started at 7:15

16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

17. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Wow Anaheim was so damn fun. NFG’s anniversary shows last year were special, but having Ryan playing with the band on this tour brought some missed energy back into the band.

18. trevorshmevor Jun 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2018)
    Many thoughts incoming:

Caught this last night and it was fantastic. New Found brought it with an energy I haven’t seen in them in a very long time. Their backdrop was sick as hell (pun intended), and they worked the crowd like pros. The wheel was a fun idea, I remember seeing Less Than Jake do it about 10-11 years ago and have always wished another band would try something like that. I thought multiple times that Chad’s harmonies sounded really good, then I realized it was because Ryan was doing them lol. My only big complaint is that the pace is basically never changed at all. 100% aware we’re talking about an NFG show here, but as I get older and more appreciate of... idk, dynamics, a 1 hour+ set of back to back tunes at basically the same pace becomes a little much. Obviously the band knows what works best and what doesn’t though, and I suppose this is a complaint coming from someone really not in the demographic they’re appealing most to anymore. Also not a single song from Coming Home :(

I stopped seeing Bayside live about 4 years ago because their setlists were basically always the same — but they switched it up a bit this time and it really worked. Stuttering, It’s Not A Bad Little War, acoustic They Looked Like Strong Hands were all warmly welcomed. Having Vinnie come out for his part on TWW was really awesome too.

The Movielife crushed, no surprise there. Vinnie squeezed in a passionate rant about the current situation at our border to big applause, then dedicated I Hope You Die Soon to Trump. Overall it looked like they were having a lot of fun!

DerekIsAGooner and Drewski like this.
  19. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Catching this tour tomorrow in Austin and I can't wait. I'm mostly in for The Movielife but am a little ashamed to admit I've never caught NFG live before.

20. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Great show in Austin tonight. The Movielife mentioned they'd be back for a headlining tour after the new year.