Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory / Bayside / The Movielife / Ryan Key Tour • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 16, 2018.

1. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I posted Bayside's, my phone died early so i couldn't get NFG properly

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

3. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Whoever was in Chicago last night, did you notice how they kicked that Steven guy off the stage so abruptly? That was brutal, he was having so much fun

Also, looks like Ryan Key read the comments here about NFG not mentioning him. He mentioned he is playing with them like 3-4 times. Also, does he always talk so much during his shows?

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Steven was having so much fun and was KILLING IT.

5. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Bummed I have to work on Tuesday and will miss the Portland show. Started a new job and can't get the night off. I have 2 tickets that I need to get rid of. I'd let them go for $35 and can email them to you.

6. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I don’t think I’ve been to one of these mid-sized shows from the beginning before. It’s weird...

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve always had bad experiences at Crystal Ballroom and this is no different. I’m struggling to hear Ryan over the fucking crowd.

8. TJ Wells Jun 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2018)
    TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Jfc I need a movielife headliner. So much gd energy.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Bayside are such an odd live band. I’ve never seen a band relegate themselves to jukebox status so early in their career.

10. marceting

Trusted

?! They're an 18 year old band

young&menace and ncarrab like this.
  11. DonnyFTW

Regular

Yeah... I was gonna say there are bands that have not been around nearly as long as Bayside that fit that description.

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe I should rephrase; they’ve seemed like that band since s/t came out.

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Last night the guy who spun the wheel said he wanted Cyrus to pick and then proceeded to land on exactly that. It was pretty cool.

14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Ryan has always talked a lot during YC shows, during the earlier days it was more banter-like chatting about what the band was up to etc, and more recently with YC it was a cool retrospective of the songs they were playing. But yes, it's part of his stage presence at least to my memory since i've seen him play (I enjoy it).

15. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

From the looks of Setlist.fm NFG has switched out "Glory of Love" for "Kiss Me." I really hope they rotate "Glory of Love" back in for one of the southern California shows. It's my favorite NFG cover.

summertimejesus likes this.
  16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not sure if this is news, but Ryan said he'd have another EP out by the end of the year.

17. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Just found out I’m gonna be out of town the weekend of the LA and Anaheim show. Extra bummed. Oh well, guess I’ll try and catch them next time

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if by this you mean play the same songs over and over and over and over every tour and never really switch it up, yes i agree.

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yep.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't go to their shows anymore honestly unless it's a special occasion (album show, holiday acoustic shows) because I can name 14 of the 15 songs they'll play and most of them I'll probably even nail the order as well. It's just predictable and no fun for me. If I never heard Montauk, D&D, or Bad Luck ever again live, I wouldn't be upset in the least bit.

Drewski likes this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Been banging the drum on this around these parts for a while. Live in New York so I've been able to see them a lot over the years (between 20 and 25 times I'd say). The time before this tour I had tickets and just didn't even go.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Same haha im on long island, i probably have 2-3 opportunities a year to see them and just, let them pass by.

23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

~*~ LiFe BeGiNs WiTh LI~*~

Grew up in Rockville Centre and just moved outta Long Beach after five years. Nice to be closer to shows these days either way.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

For starters, "Montauk" and "Blame It On Bad Luck"

Give. it. a. break. guys.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  25. Cmoney86

Trusted

i totally get this. its why i refuse to see blink 182 anymore. its been the same set list since they got back together except a few new songs from their new albums they put out when they tour