Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory / Bayside / The Movielife / Ryan Key Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jan 16, 2018.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow, tonight's show was amazing! I haven't seen NFG since the Catalyst tour, and it's so crazy how they had the same amount of energy as the last show I saw in 2004.

My only criticism is that they didn't play anything off of Coming Home, one of my favorite albums of theirs.

Oh and for the people asking before, tonight they acknowledged Ryan Key as their guitarist twice.

summertimejesus and SaveTheEarth like this.
  2. Darth Annihilus

Regular

They didn't play Hold My Hand? I'm pretty sure they've been playing it every date.

3. DonnyFTW

Regular

Nah at my date they dropped it and Ready and willing for better off dead and truth of my youth setlist.fm seems to show that as the norm for the last week+ worth of shows.

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Fun show in NYC last night, if unspectacular. Love The Movielife but thought the sound was a little bit muddled during the set. I've seen Bayside 20-25x but they've become the true definition of diminishing returns. Last time they came around I had tickets and just didn't go, and last night sort of reminded me why. Just not enough setlist variety and I'm paying to see the same songs over and over at this point.

New Found Glory's energy was awesome, thought the fan participation on "Failure's Not Flattering" and "Sonny" was cute and funny. Pretty cool a band from this scene has sustained for 20~ years.

summertimejesus likes this.
  5. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I was at the show in NYC last night as well and was surprised by how mellow the crowd was up until NFG. I hadn't seen Bayside or NFG in ages and was expecting the crowd to be really rowdy during Bayside and also during The Movielife (though I'm used to seeing The Movielife in smaller venues where they're the headliners).

I was also very quickly reminded of why I've seen NFG more than any other band--they put on some of the funnest shows I've ever been to and bring me right back to the first time I saw them 15 years ago (on this day exactly! 5.31.2003!)

marceting and Drewski like this.
  6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Yeah bayside did nothing to impress me on this tour. I've only seen them at festivals and id say this was the most uninspired I've been seeing them

alkalinexandy likes this.
  7. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Has anyone here done the VIP meet and greet with Bayside on this tour? If so, what was it like? I bought it for Anaheim because Bayside is my favorite band, but I've never done one of these before and I'm curious what the vibe is like.

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

anyone going tonight in chicago?

9. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

ELI5 with Chicago curfew. Ive seen TWY and now NFG say to get your merch before their set because the venue will kick you out right after.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  10. Cmoney86

Trusted

they only kicked everyone out cuz ryan key wasnt coming out. its a 17 plus show so their is no curfew really i think they just wanted to go home

11. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Setlist.fm is showing that Bayside did only 8 songs last night. Is that correct? I'm going to the show tonight.

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I will be in attendence for night 2 in Chicago. Excited to experience my girlfriend's favorite band with her.

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Bayside along with Menzingers have been the two things I’ve actually been able to get my girlfriend to like. It’s an extremely satisfying feeling. Also funny to remind her she declined to go to the bayside/Menzingers show with me before she got into them.

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

I might go tonight I haven’t made up my mind. I was in the front last night and I’m super sore plus I’m working a 10 hour shift today

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It is not correct. They played the same set they’ve been playing (11 songs)

EitanLevine likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think it's funny when Bayside posts on their social media 'what songs do you want to hear us play tonight?' knowing damn well they're going to play the same exact set night after night.

ryanfears and Joe4th like this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They may actually change it slightly tonight since they're doing back to back nights in Chicago haha but I doubt it will be that different

18. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'm really hoping that because Los Angeles and Anaheim are so close Bayside will change it up in between those two shows. I'll enjoy it either way, but it would be sweet to see a new song or two in there.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They've posted about song requests a few times this tour. I did notice that they've replaced I've Been Dead All Day with Rumspringa a few times. But that's the only change I've seen all tour.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

One song from vacancy is a fucking travesty, sorry. Two letters, dead all day, Mary, rumspringa, enemy lines, even pretty vacant should all be on there.

joe.boy.fresh. and danielm123 like this.
  21. danielm123

Trusted

Yeah, 4 songs from S/T is way too much, but those got the biggest reception (at least at the NYC date) so I do understand why they feel the need to play those songs.

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

i dont know if this was announced before but last night in Chicago they said they are releasing from the screen to your stereo volume 3 sometime next year

23. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

24. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

yeah and i'm so stoked for it!!

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

How is NFGs setlist from tonight not posted yet and that bayside set list is better then last nights